Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Used Peoria Large, two-fitty

Options
Focker
Focker Posts: 8,364
Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Wow, posted 15 days ago and still there. Red flag?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Focker
    Options
    It's weird, but eggs move slow, lack of knowledge, awareness?
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    You should grab that, then flip it for more than double your money

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Focker
    Options
    You should grab that, then flip it for more than double your money
    That crossed my mind.  =)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    You know I'm in Peoria so if someone wants me to go inspect it for you just holler. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    If I was anywhere near there I couldn't give that guy 250 quick enough.  Just make sure you smell it so you don't buy one with starter fluid problems 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    If I was anywhere near there I couldn't give that guy 250 quick enough.  Just make sure you smell it so you don't buy one with starter fluid problems 
    Starter fluid problems? 
  • RRP
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Focker said:
    For whatever it is worth - here it is nearly 8 hours after you posted this and 6 hours after I first read it and posted my offer to go assess it and no one has contacted me. 

What has surprised me over the years that with Peoria's pop at 110K and an SMSA of 310K that BGE is still an unknown commodity plus the nearly TOTAL lack of Peoria area eggers on this forum! I taught BGE cooking classes for 9 years plus did personal residential classes and ALWAYS preached the value of this and the earlier BGE forums. As a variation on the adage goes you can lead an egger to the forum, but you can't make him participate!

Trust me - if I wasn't too busy the next several days I would have just bought it myself at $250 - assuming it had not conditional issues - and flipped it for $100 profit or gifted it.

$250 screamed - TAKE ME HOME!!!
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Im good with my two eggs. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Focker
    Options
    Im good with my two eggs. 
    2 larges and a small is a great combo.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    yljkt said:
    Starter fluid problems? 
    Sorry I meant lighter fluid... must've had a blonde moment.   If you use lighter fluid to start the egg, your food will taste like it. Some people say you can burn it out eventually, but it's a gamble for sure. 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • Focker
    Options
    RRP said:
    Focker said:
    For whatever it is worth - here it is nearly 8 hours after you posted this and 6 hours after I first read it and posted my offer to go assess it and no one has contacted me. 

What has surprised me over the years that with Peoria's pop at 110K and an SMSA of 310K that BGE is still an unknown commodity plus the nearly TOTAL lack of Peoria area eggers on this forum! I taught BGE cooking classes for 9 years plus did personal residential classes and ALWAYS preached the value of this and the earlier BGE forums. As a variation on the adage goes you can lead an egger to the forum, but you can't make him participate!

Trust me - if I wasn't too busy the next several days I would have just bought it myself at $250 - assuming it had not conditional issues - and flipped it for $100 profit or gifted it.

$250 screamed - TAKE ME HOME!!!
    I know my friend, we could be the ceramic grill humane society.  Scored my first large with table for $300, cracked firebox and ring, still going strong.

I need another grill like another hole in the head, but it would make for a great gift.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• RRP
    Options
    I am still SO AMAZED!!! - Not one single request for me to go look at this "great buy!!!" Oh well...never mind! 
  • Focker
    Options
    RRP said:
    I am still SO AMAZED!!! - Not one single request for me to go look at this "great buy!!!" Oh well...never mind! 
    I thought about calling and offering one-fitty.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• EggPlant
    EggPlant Posts: 70
    Options
    I called.  It sold the first day.
    Mundelein, IL