Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Try At Gai Yang

Options
CTMike
CTMike Posts: 3,247
Was inspired to try this because of @bgebrent's post. Used boneless skinless thighs and put a little char on them as that how the wife likes it. Served with a little jasmine rice. Will definitely add this to the rotation. 

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Options
    Love Gai Yang. Looks similar to one I did last week. It made the rotation. This was the marinade I used. Definitely go with less fish sauce next time. 
    • 1 large lemongrass stalk, white part only very finely chopped (about 2 tbs)
    • 6 cloves garlic, minced
    • 2 tbsp lime juice
    • 2 tsp finely chopped red chili
    • 3 tbsp fish sauce
    • 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine, sherry or sake 
    • 1 tsp sesame oil
    • 3 tbsp brown sugar or palm sugar (I used real maple syrup)
    • 2 tbsp honey
    • ½ tbsp black pepper (adjust to taste)

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Looks great man!  You did that justice.  Glad you liked it too.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Sadly I forgot to grill the extra limes I had. Oh well, they will work well in tonight's margaritas. Start nights tomorrow night so tonight is a stay up late, drink, and binge watch Netflix Kind f night so I can sleep during the day tomorrow. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.