Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon Tacos

Options
Carolina Q
Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
edited May 2017 in EggHead Forum
Saw this thread from @CPARKTX this morning and I HAD to try something similar. Raining, so a kitchen cook, but still delicious. I pan fried a small piece of salmon and made some scratch flour tortillas inspired by the Serbian campfire cooking we discussed the other day (Almazon Kitchen). Also had a mango and some cilantro that needed eating so I made some mango salsa. Three tacos = too much food! Also, too much tortilla, not enough filling. I'll know better next time.

Anyway, thanks for the inspiration. First time I've ever made tortillas - or had a seafood taco for that matter... but not the last!

Thanks for lookin'.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
    Options
    Get yourself one of these bud :D

and some nice looking food there.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• Carolina Q
    Options
    Get yourself one of these bud :D

and some nice looking food there.
    Ha! If I lived where you live, I doubt I'd even own a grill! I used to do it - summer heat, winter cold, snow, rain, wind, whatever. But I got over it. =)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Flavor profile sounds great.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    They look great. I love the combination of flavors. I love fish tacos. 

How were the tortillas? In the vid it looks like they only used flour, water, salt. I have never made them but most recipes use oil, butter, or lard.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Carolina Q
    Options
    They look great. I love the combination of flavors. I love fish tacos. 

How were the tortillas? In the vid it looks like they only used flour, water, salt. I have never made them but most recipes use oil, butter, or lard.
    Thanks. Yeah, I'd never made them either, but I wondered what would Serbians know about tortillas ;) so I looked at a couple of other recipes and both suggested butter, lard or evoo. I used 1 cup flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 cup water and about 1 tablespoon of evoo. Mix by hand, knead till smooth, cover for 15 min, divide and roll out.

Will probably use 1/2 tsp salt next time. Lots of things I can do with less salt than called for. Often FAR less. Bread isn't usually one of them, though I always try. 

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Those look great
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    I'd say you nailed it Michael inside cook or not. 

Oh no he didn't cook it in his BGE! ^^^
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    That looks delicious!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Killer cook!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95