Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackstone Surround

"Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

Nope, I don't recall anyone purchasing them yet.  I actually took my side tables off, and also have no use for the surround, but it looks like it would add space if you need it.

Phoenix 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    I've only seen them in videos like this one - look useful and might actually help when dealing with strong winds but I have no idea as to how sturdy they are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqFc7o_2azk
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• I have them, nice for the extra space, but you need to fold them down to put on the cover
    XL, 2-Lg, Mini, 36" Blackstone (Formerly CM23)
  • mtasker
    mtasker Posts: 88
    do they make them for the 28?
  • I've seen them in Youtube videos but don't know of anyone that has them.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• I have them, nice for the extra space, but you need to fold them down to put on the cover
    Are they easy to fold/put back up?
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Don't know anything about them, but I watched the vid. He gives a 10% coupon code (ToddToven10) for purchases direct from Blackstone. I'm considering another item so I tried the code and it does work.

This surround thing is $99.99 from BS direct, with free shipping. $90 with discount code.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• BrookieP
    BrookieP Posts: 135
    I wouldn't hate owning it. 
    XL BGE & 36" Blackstone
    Instagram: BGEBrooke
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited April 2017
    I have them. They are great. They do get hot on longer cooks so you have to take that into consideration. Great for setting up your mise en place and plating  stuff. It's nice to have the extra space. I thought we would use it for hibachi meals but it's pretty hot around the grill and the shelves get hot too. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
    Are they easy to fold/put back up?
    They fold down but do not lock in place folded down, but there are four bars to remove very fast 
    XL, 2-Lg, Mini, 36" Blackstone (Formerly CM23)
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    I have them. They are great. They do get hot on longer cooks so you have to take that into consideration. Great for setting up your mise en place and plating  stuff. It's nice to have the extra space. I thought we would use it for hibachi meals but it's pretty hot around the grill and the shelves get hot too. 
    I don't doubt that they get hot. Even the stuff on the side shelves gets hot if it's a little windy out.

Hey Cen-Tex, from your experience, does it get so hot that if you put a plate or tray on it while cooking that you have a hard time handling the it when you pick it back up? Or does it act as "plate warmer" so to speak?
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited May 2017
    Don't know anything about them, but I watched the vid. He gives a 10% coupon code (ToddToven10) for purchases direct from Blackstone. I'm considering another item so I tried the code and it does work.

This surround thing is $99.99 from BS direct, with free shipping. $90 with discount code.
    F Y'all's I,
    Regarding that 10% coupon/discount . . .
    The 36" griddle, surround table, and cover are all cheaper via Amazon - even with the 10% off.   :)

I know because we just ordered all of the above thru AMZN.
    Go figure.
     :| 

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• minniemoh said:
    I don't doubt that they get hot. Even the stuff on the side shelves gets hot if it's a little windy out.

Hey Cen-Tex, from your experience, does it get so hot that if you put a plate or tray on it while cooking that you have a hard time handling the it when you pick it back up? Or does it act as "plate warmer" so to speak?

minniemoh said:

it gets pretty hot. Probably more like a hot plate warmer. The issue is the heat rips out of the air gap  so anyone standing around looking like a nibble is going to be very uncomfortable. The surface alone is hot like the side tables get. I melted a bottle of oil on my side table a few weeks ago
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95