Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My New Outdoor Kitchen

It's not quite done, but here's my new outdoor kitchen, built out of concrete, featuring the XL BGE, a Blaze Pro 34" Grill (Go ahead and say it - why didn't I just put two Eggs in), shelving, drawers, and a 60" Fire Pit on the Counter.  

One of the big debates I had was whether to lay the Egg directly on the concrete or to put it in a nest.  I read a lot of Egghead debate about that before installing.  So I built a channel underneath the Egg that lets air flow.  I'm not sure it needs the air, but it's there if needed, and it feels more stable than a next on the XL.  I've had the Egg since 2012, and I have two cooks on it in the new outdoor kitchen.  Three racks of ribs are on it right now!  

I hope the air channel gives some of you who are in the planning process another alternative.  

Thanks to all of you for all of your inspiration and contributions.  

-Mike

Love cooking on my XL BGE for 2, 12, or 100!
www.principalchef.com

Comments