Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I finally upgraded...

Options
OK, I've had the large for 3 years where I had an Adjustable rig, made a nice cedar table for it etc, and a mini max since last year.   I did a demo at the local BBQ Open House/Egg Fest and picked up a new XL over the weekend.  I have known I was getting it for a couple months now, so I had a stainless steel table built to my specs and already had my adjustable rig and woo ready and waiting.  Pit beef is on now and I can't wait to give it a try!!

What do you think?  Sorry for the fingerprints all over everything, I was excited and didn't take time to clean them up.  

Comments

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Congrats brother!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Some premium gear there.  Looks great!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Greedygoat
    Greedygoat Posts: 134
    Options
    Nice table.  Where did you get it?
    XL and a Mini-Max.
    Boca Raton, FL
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Helł yeah very nice setup! 
    Snellville, GA

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    You don't mess around! Nice grab
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • TXSamIam
    TXSamIam Posts: 32
    Options
    Loved that table.  Pit beef?  Are you in Baltimore?
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Yeah, you ain't taking no crap from no one.
  • jshillin
    jshillin Posts: 42
    Options
    Thanks guys!!!  I wasn't messing around this time, I was getting everything I wanted and needed from the start.  I bought quite a few things for my large the first time around until I figured out what worked best for me.  I had a beautiful Cedar table that I built for the large and with it being up roof, the weather was still hard on it.  I knew that I was only going with stainless steel this time.  I picked up a platesetter with my large, but never used it once after getting the AR, so I skipped it this time, etc...

To answer a couple questions:

I had the table built locally here to my specs by YB Welding in Chambersburg, PA.

I'm not from Baltimore, but lived there for a couple years.  Hard to beat good pit beef and it's even harder to find it outside of Baltimore!!
  • ewyllins
    ewyllins Posts: 461
    Options
    Congrats looks great!!
    O-Town, FL

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    jshillin said:
    Thanks guys!!!  I wasn't messing around this time, I was getting everything I wanted and needed from the start.  I bought quite a few things for my large the first time around until I figured out what worked best for me.  I had a beautiful Cedar table that I built for the large and with it being up roof, the weather was still hard on it.  I knew that I was only going with stainless steel this time.  I picked up a platesetter with my large, but never used it once after getting the AR, so I skipped it this time, etc...

I had the table built locally here to my specs by YB Welding in Chambersburg, PA.

I'm not from Baltimore, but lived there for a couple years.  Hard to beat good pit beef and it's even harder to find it outside of Baltimore!!
    Hmmmmm... Chambersburg. I'm in Frederick and might have to look them up. Was it a good deal? You're correct about Pit Beef too, once you get outside of 695, options dry up.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Great set-up right there.  Way to plan it out.
    BTW- where are your two orphan BGE's? Must be relegated to the back-bench ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Thomasc18
    Thomasc18 Posts: 197
    Options
    Awesome.  Nice setup
    Madison, AL
  • jshillin
    Options
    jshillin said:

Hmmmmm... Chambersburg. I'm in Frederick and might have to look them up. Was it a good deal? You're correct about Pit Beef too, once you get outside of 695, options dry up.

Compared to most of the prices I saw on-line and other quotes I received, I think I did fine.  In my first design, I had the bottom shelf completely open and not closed in, that quote was a little under $1k.  I liked the idea of closing in the bottom so I could store accessories and even then with tax I stayed under my $1500 goal.  
  • jshillin
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Great set-up right there.  Way to plan it out.
    BTW- where are your two orphan BGE's? Must be relegated to the back-bench ;)

• jshillin
    Options
    And...  Here's the Pit Beef!

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,732
    Options
    That's a beauty!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• jshillin
    Options
    I really liked using the PSWoo on my large for felt line cooking, so I picked up a KJ accessory to do the same thing.  I have a 1/2 round cast iron shelf on the way to go with it too!!

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Very nice set up in deed.  What is your recipe for the pit beef?
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Very nice job.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow