Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SGH??

piney
piney Posts: 1,478
Where has Scottie been? We never hear from SGH, NOLA, Henapple, Cen-Tex, or any of the "old hands" anymore...whats the deal??
Lenoir, N.C.

Comments

• I've seen them all except for henapple over the past days. Just not as much to say. Best to catch Nola after 2-3am
    Snellville, GA

• Although it is about time for a "in the style of Dixie" cook. 
    Snellville, GA

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @piney
    Broher Piney, I have been working nightshift since December 29th. For the most part I have been working 7 nights a week, 12-14 hours a night. Haven't been on the forum much at all. I try to jump on every other day or so, but I'm certainly not on much at all. 
    With that said, I'm planning on taking June-August off so I will be back posting in full force my friend. Until then, take care my brother.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    They are all around, except @henapple .  He became a vegetarian for health reasons and has chosen to avoid the forums.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    @piney-  you've gotta troll for 'em.  Toss an anus out there and @SGH will be on it like "white on rice."  @nolaegghead is working on his mind-set for a car racing event so as above, early mornings and he may appear-don't know the direct connection with Evan Williams.  @henapple - has definitely gone quite submerged and undetected of late-did surface once a few days ago.  @The Cen-Tex Smoker is working diligently to keep track of the wanderings of Valentina's and has been seen  more lately than in the past several weeks. 
    That's about all I can offer from one who is into a brown-water fueling event and preparing to launch.  FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    SGH said:
    @piney
    Broher Piney, I have been working nightshift since December 29th. For the most part I have been working 7 nights a week, 12-14 hours a night. Haven't been on the forum much at all. I try to jump on every other day or so, but I'm certainly not on much at all. 
    With that said, I'm planning on taking June-August off so I will be back posting in full force my friend. Until then, take care my brother.
    Ok little fat buddy, I'm gonna run 1 more trip to Tx this summer/fall and I'm done. My friend wants to go 1 time and we are going to go by NOLA's, Grimms, and stop by your place, just tell me when you will be in the neighborhood. 
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • SGH said:
    @piney
    We finally going back to the gulf this summer in july. I will holler and iffin you aint frying up anus we might stop by. 

Little Rock, AR

• I fully expected this to be about balls 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Who?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    What about @JustineCaseyFeldown? New handle?
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Was hoping @JustineCaseyFeldown would return for a great April fools post kinda like the tree rat post. Guess not.
    Snellville, GA

• http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/858629/bge-tree-rat-and-fancy-wine For those new folks who haven't read it. Classic. 
    Snellville, GA

• SGH
    piney said:
    Ok little fat buddy, I'm gonna run 1 more trip to Tx this summer/fall and I'm done. My friend wants to go 1 time and we are going to go by NOLA's, Grimms, and stop by your place, just tell me when you will be in the neighborhood. 
    We finally going back to the gulf this summer in july. I will holler and iffin you aint frying up anus we might stop by. 
    Short of a disaster, I should be home all summer. That was kind of my goal when I took this job. Work right up to the summer and then take off until the Fall. If y'all are down this way, please do stop bye. It would be great to see you fellows again. I have a couple of new pieces of equipment that the kids can play on. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH said:
    piney said:
    Short of a disaster, I should be home all summer. That was kind of my goal when I took this job. Work right up to the summer and then take off until the Fall. If y'all are down this way, please do stop bye. It would be great to see you fellows again. I have a couple of new pieces of equipment that the kids can play on. 
    Have a new kid to play on stuff. My 9 yr old may be taller than both of us by then if he keeps growing. 

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Have a new kid to play on stuff. My 9 yr old may be taller than both of us by then if he keeps growing. 
    Awesome. Bring all of the children. The more the better in my book. I have both of my big John Deere's here as well as a backhoe I just bought. The kids can tear up the property outside of the fence. Should be a blast for them. Should be a blast to watch as well.  

Status- Standing by.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    They're around Gary, save brother apple.  Spotty sometimes though.  Kinda like you my friend!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    bgebrent said:
    They're around Gary, save brother apple.  Spotty sometimes though.  Kinda like you my friend!
    Uncle Apple has popped in here and there recently. 

Status- Standing by.

• bgebrent
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    Much like you my brother.
  • SGH
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    Been working like a Hebrew brother Bryant. I'm long overdue a break my friend.  

Status- Standing by.

• bgebrent
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    Been working like a Hebrew brother Bryant. I'm long overdue a break my friend.  
    Bryant is a Hebrew name.  My name is brother Brent.  I know you are long overdue my friend.  Hope to see your anus at BB.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    @bgebrent - you may want to revisit the above closing statement.  I'm not gonna pass judgement here... =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    lousubcap said:
    @bgebrent - you may want to revisit the above closing statement.  I'm not gonna pass judgement here... =)
    Cap, pretty sure you of all people get the joke.  It's a specific joke aimed at one of us.
  • SGH
    bgebrent said:
    Bryant is a Hebrew name.  My name is brother Brent.  
    For some reason autocorrect changed "brent" to "Bryant" above. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH said:
    Awesome. Bring all of the children. The more the better in my book. I have both of my big John Deere's here as well as a backhoe I just bought. The kids can tear up the property outside of the fence. Should be a blast for them. Should be a blast to watch as well.  
    We are booked for july 9-16. Probably leave down there on 15 if we coming to your village. Maybe crash there then come on home the next day. 

But i will get with you before then. Just run that by your boss (mrs sgh) and we go from there. 

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    @Biggreenpharmacist
    Sounds like a plan. Will be glad to see y'all. I will whip up some seafood for y'all. Any requests ??

Status- Standing by.

• bgebrent
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    And therefore you must join us and the hippy at BB.
  • SGH
    edited April 2017
    @piney
    If you head this way, my number is still the same. Give me a shout ole buddy. I'm still on Diamond Road, just this side of Biloxi, MS.  

Status- Standing by.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,871
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    I hope he makes it too, but if he's working seven nights a week until June, well...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    I hope he makes it too, but if he's working seven nights a week until June, well...
    All hope is not lost my friend. Trying to get a friend to fill in for me for 5 days. It very well may work out in my favor. 

Status- Standing by.

• bgebrent
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    All hope is not lost my friend. Trying to get a friend to fill in for me for 5 days. It very well may work out in my favor. 
    Join us bro!