Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

More smoked beef

Options
Did a pastrami last week and it was really good. Went to the store and they had them on sale for $6 so I did another.

Smoked for 6 hours then onto the PC and then onto a sandwich with cole slaw, toasted bread, mustard.

Kansas City, Missouri
Large Egg
Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

Comments

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    It looks awesome!

Options

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    You're killing me!! OMG that looks good!
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Looks delicious 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Mikea5232
    Mikea5232 Posts: 76
    Options
    I don't know where u live.  But it's people like you that make me angry that i have to wait three more days to pick up my demo egg!

Man that looks awesome! 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That meat looks really tender and moist. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    Bravo!
    Stillwater, MN
  • Smokin_Trout
    Options
    These guys seem to be running behind
    @SGH @JohnInCarolina

• GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    Options
    That looks fantastic. I did a point and it was good. That looks like a flat?  Did you check the temps?  Mine didn't get a great crust, I should have maybe gone 250 for longer. I took it off at 150 internal and maybe 20 minutes in the instant pot. I think I could have gone hotter on the smoke and longer in the pc?
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    HooWee!!!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    GlennM said:
    That looks fantastic. I did a point and it was good. That looks like a flat?  Did you check the temps?  Mine didn't get a great crust, I should have maybe gone 250 for longer. I took it off at 150 internal and maybe 20 minutes in the instant pot. I think I could have gone hotter on the smoke and longer in the pc?
    This was a point. I leave mine on the egg until 180 to get better bark. This point however was very fatty and had I known I would have cooked around 275 as I feel it renders fat a little better then 250. Thanks

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• bhedges1987
    Options
    @SGH @JohnInCarolina

Bahahaha. Brother trout,getting a seal from the man the myth the legend sgh is one of those things that's very hard to come by. Not many see them, only those fortunate enough. I have seen a few in my day and that is good enough for me!

As for the latter..never knew those existed. But I can assure you I will never be receiving one of them ;)

Thanks 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @SGH @JohnInCarolina

Brother Trout, due to working nightshift along with working 7 nights a week, I do miss several great posts. I jump on the forum when I can. On that note, this post is definitely worthy of the DSOA.
    As such @bhedges1987

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Smokin_Trout
    Options
    @bhedges1987 how about some (all) details on how you did this. 
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    Wow!  :o

That is off the hook goodness! 

Well done, Sir!  :)
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • bhedges1987
    Options
    @bhedges1987 how about some (all) details on how you did this. 
    I soaked the point corned beef in water for 24 hours.
    4tbs pepper
    1tsp garlic powder
    1tsb paprika
    1.5 tsp cocoa powder

Smoked at 250 until it passed the stall. I pulled at 180 internal and then into the pressure cooker for 15 min!

Thanks all

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    Did you get that at HyVee?  I saw some there after St. Pats and thought they were a steal, but didn't get one... now I hope they still have some!!
    Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • bhedges1987
    Options
    vb4677 said:
    Did you get that at HyVee?  I saw some there after St. Pats and thought they were a steal, but didn't get one... now I hope they still have some!!
    I did indeed. The BS one still has like 30. At least they did on Wednesday.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    I'll be checking my LS ones!  Thanks!
    Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...