Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table Questions - planning for a Minimax

Options
Hi everyone,

Looooooonnngggg time no posts; not at all sure why, just a break I guess.

Anyways, as spring is..... springing here in Canada, I'm getting ready to build my new table.  Trying to plan a relatively simple cedar table for my Large BGE, however I also plan to be purchasing a MiniMax (or - maybe - god forbid - a Joe Jr.).

Wondering if anybody's got a similar setup, and how they've arranged it?  Any advice re: table height etc?  Is your Minimax just resting on the table-top - or does it have a built in spot?

Any opinions/sample pics etc. appreciated.

[Insert clever signature line here]

Comments

• EggMcMic
    EggMcMic Posts: 340
    Options
    I dont have a picture handy, but I built mine from plans off the internet, (http://www.scottmoore.net/projects/egg/) but I built it longer. About time I finished it I added a MMX to my arsenal. I set the MMX on top of the table. It is a little higher than my large sits, but I don't mind it for grilling. 
    EggMcMcc
    Central Illinois
    First L BGE July 2016, RecTec, Traeger, Weber, Campchef
    Second BGE, a MMX, February 2017
    Third BGE, another large, May, 2017
    Added another griddle (BassPro) December 2017
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    edited March 2017
    Options
    im doing a 8 ft table for my large and joe jr.    top level will be 6ft and a hole in one end for the large bge.  the other end will be bottom shelf height to set the joe jr on with its stand

rough sketch

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    I was looking at the JJ outdoor table for the large and it looks like a Max can sit on the longer one.
    Seattle, WA