Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spinning chicken.

Options
Salt/pepper, 450-direct, about 75 minutes.  Hubby said I nailed it.  

BGE Large and MiniMax, Napolean 500.  Obsessed with rotisserie.  

Comments

• smokeyw
    smokeyw Posts: 367
    Options

Looks great! Was your lump directly below it or did you bank it to the back?

• Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Looks fantastic @eggnewtoy. Chicken on the Joetisserie is fantastic.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Fine lookin' chicken! I won't spend the cash on a Joetisserie and I haven't figured out a hack for a generic one on the egg yet (though I haven't spent much time on it). But there's definitely something to this spinning thing.

I have a toaster oven, of all things, that has a rotisserie. Not very big, but it will handle one or two game hens. One of my favorite meals... a little s&p and some Herbes de Provence. Comes out looking great and tasting better. On a $50 toaster from Walmart! I guess self basting is the key.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Love the Joetisserie!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • eggnewtoy
    eggnewtoy Posts: 496
    Options
    @smokeyw. No banking.  Just a regular fire direct.
    BGE Large and MiniMax, Napolean 500.  Obsessed with rotisserie.  

• GaryLange
    GaryLange Posts: 418
    Options
    If your Hubby said you nailed it then it was awesome good. I cook to please my wife and if that is accomplished then I am good as she is the only one that really counts, It does look great and I am sure I would have approved.