Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Perfect ribs - Perfect

Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
edited 7:48AM in EggHead Forum
homer2.gif
<p />Wow, Had my birthday rack-o-ribs last night (wife out of state - kid on a date) so my dalmation and I had ribs!!! None of that other stuff my wife make me eat (vegatables, fruit, bread, potatoes, etc) just ribs tonight!! [p]I used the raised grid and my double boiler drip pan -- no ceramic at all. The method is outlined on my website under PORK - BABY BACKS- RAISED GRID. I changed the times and temps on this cook to see if the perfect rib could be obtained - it was. I did these for 3 hr at 250-275 over the double boiler drip pan and on the raised grid. After that I easily removed the raised grid and drip pan and dumped the ribs direct on the main grid. I had covered them pretty heavy in mustard and rub so I didn't add any sauce just yet. After 20 min I flipped them and added sauce. The fire is still 250 deg. I love sauce added at this point so I added a Harry and David chiptole sauce and flipped and sauced for an hour direct. Results were wonderful. Juicy! Meat came off the bone in large pieces. Wonderful. I even took the meat temp in a large meaty area = 195 deg. Maybe there is something to cooking ribs to 200 too. Sorry no picture - a rack of ribs looks like most every other rack. [p]
[ul][li]Tim's cookbook[/ul]
·

Comments

• GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    Tim M, Happy belated birthday. I love perfect ribs so please verify times - 3 indirect hours at 250-275 followed 1 hour and 20 minutes direct at 250? Thanks![p]BTW - "rack of ribs looks like most every other rack" - I have to disagree - each finished rack of ribs has its own unique character - and taste! [p]How's FrontPage progressing?
    ·
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Gfw,[p]After I got to putting on the sauce I lost track of time but it was slightly over 1 hr on direct. The last time I did this method I used 325 for 2.5 hr and .5 hr direct at 250 but this time 3 hr at 275 and 1 hr direct at 250 adding sauce was even better. [p]What I meant about the ribs looking alike - I didn't see any real difference in these as opposed to the last batch I did so no need for another pic. If they had looked different -- maybe.[p]Frontpage? I am moving very slow on that. I just don't enjoy learning new programs anymore. I use to love it but that was when my stomach acid level was much higher too. I don't like a couple things - picture sizing for example. [p]Tim
    ·