Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork Egg Rolls

minniemoh
minniemoh Posts: 2,145
Had some leftover pulled pork from last weekend's party. I've been wanting to try these for a long time. I only made four of them and changed things up in each one. Definitely improved as I went along and I will tweak things until I get just what I'm looking for. All-in-all, I was pretty pleased with the last one.

Pulled pork, coleslaw cabbage, a little bbq sauce, and a little bottled Asian wing sauce, rolled it up and fried it. I think the possibilities are endless with these.

L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
eggAddict from MN!

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    I can't believe I still haven't attempted these beauties. Looks like delicious perfection from where i'm sittin. Damn!
  • minniemoh
    Thanks for the compliments guys. @pgprescott - you should definitely try these. This was the first time I ever "fried" anything so maintaining the right oil temp took a little babysitting. The rolling was a lot easier than I thought it would be. The hardest part of the whole deal was finding the egg roll wraps at the grocery store. The Mrs. said they were her new favorite so that's a bonus.
    eggAddict from MN!
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    great job - found another excellent use for leftover pp!
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Any tips?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Looks tasty brother.  Nice work!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • minniemoh
    Photo Egg said:
    Any tips?
    I only made four of them so I don't have much experience. One thing that I liked was a little more sauce inside. BBQ sauce was good but I tried sesame ginger salad dressing as well as Asian wing sauce and they were a nice change. Next time I'll warm the pulled pork before rolling too as I think it will allow me to wrap them tighter. I literally threw in cold pulled pork and raw slaw from a bag  and a little combination of the sauces so they were pretty easy. One tip that did help was moistening the edge of the wrap to help it hold together.
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    minniemoh said:
    Photo Egg said:
    Any tips?
    I only made four of them so I don't have much experience. One thing that I liked was a little more sauce inside. BBQ sauce was good but I tried sesame ginger salad dressing as well as Asian wing sauce and they were a nice change. Next time I'll warm the pulled pork before rolling too as I think it will allow me to wrap them tighter. I literally threw in cold pulled pork and raw slaw from a bag  and a little combination of the sauces so they were pretty easy. One tip that did help was moistening the edge of the wrap to help it hold together.
    Thank you, great extra info.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas