Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Brisket

Options
roadglide
roadglide Posts: 9

My local Costco (Mobile,AL) had Prime Packer Briskets for 2.99 a pound. I stocked up. Don't know about the rest of the country.

Comments

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Always have them here at that price. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Good pick up though!

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    So these prime briskets are now in Alabama and TN.  Maybe one day GA will get some love from Costco... 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • SirSquatch
    SirSquatch Posts: 109
    Options
    Hope they bring these to the DC area someday. 
    Northern VA - LBGE
  • Smokin_Trout
    Options
    They cook faster than you think
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I have 5 in the deep freezer.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • chrisc133
    chrisc133 Posts: 501
    Options
    GoooDawgs said:
    So these prime briskets are now in Alabama and TN.  Maybe one day GA will get some love from Costco... 
    I saw on another form somebody mentioned they were in North Carolina as well. I checked the Costco here today hoping. No luck.
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
    Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    they are not in northern Alabama and they told me they cant order them.  all we have here is choice flats.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• jeponline
    jeponline Posts: 290
    Options
    @Kent8621 picked one up at the Huntsville Costco last Thursday.  It was the first time I'd ever seen them there.
    Large BGE
    Huntsville, AL
  • dgordon2nc
    dgordon2nc Posts: 100
    Options
    The Costco here in the Cary/Apex NC store had a handful last week finally. I am hoping it's a permanent thing and not just some random occurrence. 
  • Kent8621
    Options
    @jeponline I am working late this week but I think I will find time to go check it out.  thanks a lot, I ask every week and of course the week we were in florida, they stock them.

Boiler Up!!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    From my Costco history in L'ville, once they start the packer stocking deal they will stay with it (I'm guessing as long as the product moves at some undetermined rate) and improve the availability.  Around 3-4 years ago, it was hit-or-miss focused around mid March and then in stock about every other month or two.  That gap slowly tightened too the point where in the past two+ years you can count on Costco to always have some (all Prime grade) available.  Within the selection it may not yield what you really want-weight range and flexibility but they are available.  And any prime grade brisket at Costco prices is worth it.  FWIW-
    Now for a suitable back-up/reserve just order up one from SRF.  ;)

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Kent8621
    Options
    I Grew up in the new Albany area and didn't realize yall had Costco up there, mom and dad are still there and never mentioned it.  we will be up there this weekend where is it at in lousiville?

Boiler Up!!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    I'm lazy so here's the local link:  
    https://www.costco.com/warehouse-locations/louisville-ky-634.html  
    There are now two as you will see.  The east-end store opened in around the 2006 time-frame (the one I visit) and the Bardstown Road store, last year.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Kent8621
    Options
    thanks I left the area in 2005 so that would be why I missed it. 

Boiler Up!!

• Kent8621
    Options

The Huntsville Costco has come through, I picked up a 17.5# whole prime last night, we are having a dinner party Wednesday so a good time to try out my new FB300 the wife surprised me with.

Boiler Up!!

• jeponline
    jeponline Posts: 290
    Options
    Kent8621 said:

The Huntsville Costco has come through, I picked up a 17.5# whole prime last night, we are having a dinner party Wednesday so a good time to try out my new FB300 the wife surprised me with.

Awesome, that monster should be fun to cook. I'm glad they still have them, means they're restocking which bodes well for when we want them again. 
    Large BGE
    Huntsville, AL