Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ahhh - a Happy St. Patty's Day via sous vide follow up post

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,893
I know some eggers here MAY see this thread through blurred eyes on Saturday...but just the same I wanted to share this picture of my 48+ hour sous vide of a 3.5# pre-brined corned beef brisket from Kroger. Telling you up front - I WILL DO them THIS WAY AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN! 

BTW this was WAY too much for us for one meal so that's the reason I sliced it thin
 so I could package them for rueben sandwiches for several meals in the future!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options
    Looks great Ron!  I bet you had to use a pretty sharp knife to get through that buttery-soft meat at the end.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • RRP
    Options
    Looks great Ron!  I bet you had to use a pretty sharp knife to get through that buttery-soft meat at the end.
    LOL - yes it was sharp, but it did not need to be. The plated meat was fork tender.
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,732
    Options
    Nice!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    Options
    I'm going to smoke mine today. Did you just sprinkle on the spices, seal it up and in the water?  Also, what temp?  I did a chunk of peameal bacon for Christmas, just put the package in as it came from the store. It was superb!
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • RRP
    Options
    GlennM said:
    I'm going to smoke mine today. Did you just sprinkle on the spices, seal it up and in the water?  Also, what temp?  I did a chunk of peameal bacon for Christmas, just put the package in as it came from the store. It was superb!
    Yes - as you said - after pat drying it, no rinse, I sprinkled on the spices, slipped it into a Ziplock and then let it swim for 50 hours at 140º. Can't get much easier than that!