Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st Time Brisket....SUCCESS!

Options
Did my first brisket on Sunday. It turned out great, and I'm thankful for all of the insight I've received on this forum. Glad I waited until Costco FINALLY put prime whole brisket in my local store. Only change I will make on my next one is to back off the rub as it turned out a bit to heavy on the salt for my tastes. Here are some pics.
XL & Mini & knock off medium. Western North Carolina. Formerly Franklin, TN. Formerly in Palm Harbor, FL. 

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Dang-talk about a great cook and first brisket.  Congrats on the cook and result.  Nice smoke ring as well.  
    BTW- I am with you on lightening up with the salt.  I don't go nearly as heavy with it relative to ground pepper.  Keep adjusting as you go and you will find a good ratio.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    @volfan1, you nailed it and that looks professional with the smoke ring.  myron Mixon would drool over that!    

I think we will do our annual memorial day brisket cook this year for veterans so hopefully you can participate.   SRF may donate a brisky to a random participant....
  • volfan1
    volfan1 Posts: 164
    Options
    @westernbbq I will be doing that. I will be having a bunch of family in town, so will plan on doing another brisket on Memorial Day weekend.
    XL & Mini & knock off medium. Western North Carolina. Formerly Franklin, TN. Formerly in Palm Harbor, FL. 
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    volfan1 said:
    @westernbbq I will be doing that. I will be having a bunch of family in town, so will plan on doing another brisket on Memorial Day weekend.
    sweet!    I think we are headed to mexico mem day weekend but ill figure out how to make a brisky pehaps ahead of time to feed the people we are headed down there with....
  • vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    NIce... I've yet to get one that good!  Congrats!

Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    very nice
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Bang! 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    That looks great!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va