Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Arm Roast with RRP's Au Jus

Options
Tbla
Tbla Posts: 57
Thanks to the previous posts for chuck roasts.   I started out with an arm roast.  Not as much fat as the chuck roasts in my freezer.   Put a steak rub on the roast for about 4 hours.  Longer would be better - but I don't think that mattered too much.   Put it on the egg around 1PM.  Indirect heat and dome temp was about 250 -275.  My grid temp was about 305.    While smoking - I made a batch of RRP's au jus.    Sliced a sweet onion and strained the au jus into an aluminum pan.   It took about 3-3.5 hours for the roast to reache165.  I put it in the au jus pan and covered with foil until it reached 205.  That took till about 5PM. I tried to pull it then, but it wasn't quite tender enough.  So I cut / pulled it unto large chunks and covered again.  I put on a sweet potato and some asparagas.   This cooked for about another 1.5 hours.   The meat now pulled very easily.  Simple meal of sweet potatoes, asparagas and roast.    Sorry - no plate pic.   Plenty of left overs (male a heads) for tacos, sliders, etc.   sorry - pic order is reversed .    Definitely on the list of weekend cooks  
Woodbury, MN.   LBGE, Weber gasser, ECB

Comments