Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flame Boss 200 Firmware Updates

Options
I searched around but can not find any info on the firmware updates since their website mentions 1.58 on the blog. Plugged mine in last night and it updated to 1.91.  I would love to know what features, functions, etc are being tweaked or added. 

Anyone have any info on the updates?
Large BGE - 2014
FB 200, KAB, AR - 2015
Lake Norman area of NC
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing!

Comments

• JacksDad
    JacksDad Posts: 538
    Options
    LKNEgg said:
    I searched around but can not find any info on the firmware updates since their website mentions 1.58 on the blog. Plugged mine in last night and it updated to 1.91.  I would love to know what features, functions, etc are being tweaked or added. 

Mine did the same thing on Saturday when I plugged it in... Always makes me a little nervous when software gets updated (especially on a device like this, which I have very little control over), but it worked flawlessly all weekend, and I don't think it even rebooted itself...

Large BGE -- New Jersey

• LKNEgg
    LKNEgg Posts: 339
    Options
    Thankfully, mine has never had an issue with the updates either.  Just curious as to what is being fixed or added.  Maybe it is just the algorithms for tracking temperature that are updated.  FB did a great job on a 15 hr pork butt cook last night at 225!
    Large BGE - 2014
    FB 200, KAB, AR - 2015
    Lake Norman area of NC
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    LKNEgg said:

Stayed tuned, my guess is you'll hear about it on Thursday (HBPExpo starts that day in ATL.)
  • OhioEgger
    Options
    Mine has downloaded an update almost every time I've used it. I just assumed they were such minor bug fixes that they saw no reason to mention it on their website.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    I heard that the 1.93 update will have a brisket sensor that will alert when to take it off.  It's apparently the "probes like buttah" update.... 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    GoooDawgs said:
    I heard that the 1.93 update will have a brisket sensor that will alert when to take it off.  It's apparently the "probes like buttah" update.... 

that would be a good one.

I'd also like  a warning, independent of the temperature alarm - like if the fan is running 100% and the pit temp isn't budging, it could send you a note that maybe the fan fell out or got disconnected,  or the pit temp probe isn't in the pit, or the fire went out.  don't ask me why I know these things can happen...

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • SmokingPiney
    Options
    OhioEgger said:
    Mine has downloaded an update almost every time I've used it. I just assumed they were such minor bug fixes that they saw no reason to mention it on their website.
    Same here. As long as it's ready to use when I need it, I don't really pay the updates any mind. 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • LKNEgg
    LKNEgg Posts: 339
    Options
    @SmokingPiney I'm really the same way. Plug it in and go to work!    Just curious if anyone had insider knowledge about the tweaks! 

We can turn this into a rumor thread.  Probe like buttah feature is a good start! 
    Large BGE - 2014
    FB 200, KAB, AR - 2015
    Lake Norman area of NC

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    My guess is the firmware is to support the added probes of the Flame Boss 300. They probably both use the same SoC, and have a single firmware build for both. Much more cost effective and efficient to use a single build rather than have two different firmware code trains.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    I've learned to turn mine on before I am ready to use it so that it has time to update. Not a big deal. 
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group