Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin Help

Options
I received a fancy pork tenderloin and am looking for cooking suggestions/recipes. I don't want to drown it in rub/sauce as the flavor is supposed to be excellent. I'm thinking just S&P with an indirect reverse sear like I would do with a thick porterhouse, but I would like some sort of sauce with it.  I have an array of board fave rubs if any of those would be worth exploring.

Thanks!
Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
Twitter: @ Bags
Blog: TheJetsFan.com

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    A balsamic reduction with either apricot, blackberries or peach are all excellent with pork tenderloin. 

Fresh blackberries and balsamic are my favorite. Also great on vanilla ice cream. Truth. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Apple pairs well also. I don't have a recipe, but I've sauted some shallots and garlic, followed by diced apple and some apple sauce, and then use whole grain mustard as an emulsifier. The mustard really makes the sauce pop, it's the real star. I've also dome the red wine and balsamic reductions. You can't miss IMO. I love coffee rubs on tenderloin too, but that would require a red eye pan sauce. Good luck, we'll be watching!
  • smokeyw
    smokeyw Posts: 367
    Options
    My favorite for pork tenderloin is to cut it into medalions about 1 1/2" thick, season them and cook hot and fast to 140 internal temp. In my opinion, tenderloin does not benefit from low and slow. You can cook it whole hot and fast as well but don't overcook it. It will dry out. Internal temp of 145 after resting is perfect.
  • outrageous
    Options
    Cook it raised grid, direct.  Just use whatever rub you desire,  add sauce last 5 minutes or use sauce in tin foil as it rests. Do not go over 140#.   An Asian sweet n sour sauce is always good.  This is a simple n fast cook.

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options

Came in two pieces so I did one with each rub. Going raised direct top level of AR on CI at 350. Results later. 
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com