Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pub Height kitchen table build

Options

I understand this is completely off topic, but man, I have been churning out 4-5 tables a month for people, working full time as a state farm agent, and having zero time to grill it seems like!!  This is going to have to slow down.  Only 8 more tables and two egg stands left until I catch up (given that I don't take any more orders on!) 

Comments

• SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    What do the egg stands look like?
  • bradk31
    Options
    to be honest, I don't have any current pictures.  In all honesty, my wood working business has taken on more than I can handle as is and have a hard time keeping up.  I'm very keen on quality.  Everything you see in the picture, there are no screws except for the table top clips that hold the top on the skirt.  Everything else is mortise and tennon.  Lots of hours per build and when I have 2-3 going at once, I don't always get pictures.  I will see if I can get some past clients to send pics, but I have done several different styles.  Everything I do is made to order and none are identical.
  • bradk31
    Options
    And being as far behind as I am, I am trying to limit orders to a min and have had to turn several away with time restraints.
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    They're nice looking, Brad, but I don't see any mortise & tenon? I see some lap joints... How do you do the apron? What kind of wood is that?

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• bradk31
    Options

Im sorry, I may not have elaborated...the skirts are attached to the legs via mortis and tennon.  the decorative bottom (which actually does add quite a bit of strength) is lap joints, correct.  Regardless, the only screws in the project are for the table clips and the corner brackets.  The table is made of solid oak, and against my better judgment it was stained dark.  I would have much preferred to use walnut to achieve the dark look, but this is what the client wanted. 

• bradk31
    Options
    the table top clips allow the top to be attached to the apron but give it room to expand and contract without cracking
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    I don't understand the OP.  Are you just venting that you're busy or are you just posting a plug for your business? 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • bradk31
    Options
    Just showing off my work... definitely not doing a business plug (hence the comment of taking no more orders)
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    How do you flatten that top? It's very biggly. 

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• bradk31
    Options
    i joint each piece individually and glue together.  there at 7 pieces of wood separately there