Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Egg Carten #53 rides again!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,895
edited February 2017 in EggHead Forum
Egger @Hotch was so kind to give me his Egg Carten and would not take any money for it though they sold for $140. Besides that he wouldn't even let me pay him for the UPS shipping clear up from Texas. WHAT A GUY!!!
Here's #53 holding my Mini waiting for a trip in the near future! 

Thanks again Hotch! You da man!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Very very cool!!!!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Hotch gave me the link to the recipe for CinChili. Best chili EVER! Worth way more than an egg carten! :rofl:

But seriously, that was very generous of him. He should be good for Rutlands for life!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    That's pretty cool. Love the mini carten. 
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Mighty fine gesture Hotch.  Ron, over the years, I'm pretty sure you have given more help than received grief on these forums.  Pretty sure on that ratio!  Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.  Looks great!
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Awesome Hotch!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Lit said:
    Agree. I really enjoy #69.
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options

@hotch very respectable

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    Well done. Many karma points out there @Hotch
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That Hotch. And you just thought all he did was slip booze cookies to kids at eggefsts :smiley:

Very generous of you, bud. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
    Options
    @Hotch really is a stand up guy. Honored to have met him in person. 
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    That's awesome. What a tremendous gesture. Also happy to see a good deed going to RRP, who has provided gaskets for no reason other than being helpful to fellow eggers. Kudos to you both!
    Stillwater, MN
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    An egger I'd like to shake hands with one day. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    @RRP Ron glad to see it got there in one piece! Looks good with your Mini. Enjoy my friend, I hope you get many years out of it.
    And thanks all for the good words.
    As I have said many times before, this is what EggHeads do.
    Ron all I ask is just pay it forward if the opportunity ever crosses your path.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hotch said:
    @RRP Ron glad to see it got there in one piece! Looks good with your Mini. Enjoy my friend, I hope you get many years out of it.
    And thanks all for the good words.
    As I have said many times before, this is what EggHeads do.
    Ron all I ask is just pay it forward if the opportunity ever crosses your path.
    Thanks - as for paying it forward my 15 years now with 3,175 Rutland gaskets has been an ongoing effort to do just that. And guess what? You my friend have a lifetime supply gratis of course, but I just need you to specify size et. al. EDIT: except for eggers actively serving in the military where I give them gratis, I do recover my costs - so I just wanted to clarify.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Hotch is a good Egg and a hell of a nice guy. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Lit said:
    Agree. I really enjoy #69.
    68 is even better. You do me and I'll owe you one...