Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bottom round for pit beef

Options
hello everyone!  This is a first crack at trying a pit beef on my egg.  May I have some of your expertice on this please?  Pit temps and meat temps??  High in the dome or felt level???  Direct or indirect????  I have a large egg with a flame boss 100.  I am hopeful this turns out because it whats for dinner.  Thanks!   :)

Comments

• jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    I saved this from the forum and have cooked it 3-4 times. Easy. 

Season as you wish. I've used simple salt and pepper and I've used Dizzy Cow Lick. 

You don't need a slicer thought it would be nice. 

----------

I put salt and pepper, let sit for 5 mins, then Dizzy Pig Red Eye or DP Cow Lick - as much as will stick.  I do this right before cooking.

Cook it indirect at 225'ish to 120-122F internal followed by  then a 10-15 min rest.  I then slice thin on the slicer and put on a roll with horseradish.  It is very lean, so do not overcook. If you like well done beef, choose a different cut.

If using smoke, I use some oak and cherry.  Cooks fairly fast. should not take more than 2 hrs, and more like 1.5

New Albany, Ohio