Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CGS Adjustable Rig for UK

Options
Eoin
Eoin Posts: 4,304
I've looked at this for my XL but think that the costs for shipping and customs clearance will be a bit on the high side for 1 unit. Anyone else in the UK interested in this kit to share shipping costs? I'll organise it and work out the shared costs dependent on nuber of people interested.

Comments

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    I hope things work out for you and you find someone, but I think you are the only person from England I remember seeing post on here. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited February 2017
    Options
    nevermind

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Sea2Ski
    Options
    Where in England are you? We have friends in Nottingham (queue Robin Hood comments). I know their neighbor has a BGE - would be funny if it were you.
    Large and MiniMax

• Nogbaduk
    Options
    I could be interested in sharing costs but haven't bought my BGE yet as can't decide between XL and Large !
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Where in England are you? We have friends in Nottingham (queue Robin Hood comments). I know their neighbor has a BGE - would be funny if it were you.
    Next door county, Lincolnshire. 
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I looked into this last year, Terri at CGS was really helpful explaining the options for shipping to the UK and gave me the shipping prices.

Only reason I didn't go for it was in the cold, hard light of day (aka SWMBO talking some sense into me), for the cooks we do, using a few stainless steel nuts and bolts for home-built custom rigs sufficed and was far cheaper than paying for the shipping.

Having said that, we're going back to the USA again this year, and if I see one in the flesh and think it's worth buying, I will and bring it back in luggage.

@Nogbaduk suggest you contact Topstak in Cowbridge, they normally have some good deals on, and ship nationally. It's where I got our MM, drove over there and picked it up, but we're sort of local. When you purchase, I believe that makes four Eggers from the UK on the forum :D.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

• Wheely
    Wheely Posts: 13
    Options
    Make that 5 !!
    XL and MM in the UK, M in France
  • Sea2Ski
    Options
    Welcome aboard @Wheely!!!!  Hope you stay a while and post some cooks!

Large and MiniMax

• Stormbringer
    Options
    Wheely said:
    Make that 5 !!
    Even so, a rare breed.
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    If it's any consolation, I'm in Canada and have also refrained from a CGS purchase thus far for the exact same reasons. Hope you find someone to buddy up with. 
  • James MB
    James MB Posts: 359
    Options
    Some years back I bit the bullet and got a woo.
    Ended up getting a second.
    So good I paid the shipping and customs and the bloomin' admin fee twice!
    Certainly no regrets, I did try and get a spider but they weren't convinced that they would be good for a med, still want one and a kick ash basket.....
  • Stormbringer
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @James MB this place sells the KAB in the UK. Only reason I'm not getting one is because I'm heading over the pond later in the year, going to pick one up there.

https://www.bbqandsmoke.co.uk/

I did ask whether they had plans to stock the CGS kit, no response as yet.

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    I understand your frustration on getting our products into the United Kingdom and Europe.   We do our best to keep the rates low.  It's difficult, given all the recent changes with the shipping carriers.  We keep looking for alternatives. 

If it's any consolation, I'm in Canada and have also refrained from a CGS purchase thus far for the exact same reasons. Hope you find someone to buddy up with. 
    @GreatEggspectations, good news for Canada ceramic grill owners.  Over the last couple months we been working with BJ's Country market, Delaware Ontario, to bring in several popular brands into Canada.  Right now, they are working on the website to service Canada.  They will have our stuff, Smokeware, KickAsh, and Dizzy Pig products, just to name a few. 

The folks at BJ's are excited and want to provide ceramic owners with a Canadian outlet for accessories.  They will need some help from ya'll to spread the word and help build their web activity.   From what I can tell, if it makes sense to bring it over, they are game.  BJ's is an egg dealer too.  

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Stormbringer
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @tjv maybe worth talking to BBQ and Smoke or Alfresco Concepts in the UK for a distribution arm. Having said that, I'm not convinced about the market penetration of BGE products here at the moment would be worth the endeavour on a commercial scale. Alfresco Concepts are the UK distributor so they should have this data. The recent price hike for BGE products in the UK hasn't helped this.

• Stormbringer
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I had a reply from BBQ and smoke:

Thanks for your email! We are always on the lookout for new brands, so we appreciate the suggestion and will have a look!

We currently offer Flame Boss, Kick Ash Basket, and Smokeware.

Is there anything particular you are after from the Ceramic Grill Store?

Pointed them at this thread.