Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Watch WM Open today to. see what winter in Phoenix is like....

Options
When i went to Arizona State from 87-92 all my buddies said i had to get up to the phx open, that it was a helluva party..i had no idea how right they were...

I was at ASU when Lefty was there and could never figure out why he was always surrounded by beautiful women...

Well, here we are 25 years after i got out of school and that crazy party scene in north scottsdale against the backdrop of 75 degree blue sky weather with drunken coeds everywhere is on display for the whole world to see

I loved it then and love it now.....

Comments

• FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Always a fun tourney to watch.

It's the west coast version of The Players....

I've been to many, many golf tournaments, Majors included, and none, top the eye candy, great weather, and drunken stumbles than the Players..

But, the WM... the sheer amount of people and fun, and insanely good golf, its so fun to watch!
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Much better than the stupid bowl and lady caca!!
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Ive been to phx open about a dozen times.  The golf groupies are super fun to watch...

16Th hole at tpc in scottsdale, the loudest hole on the pga tour!

I had a chance to work security at phx open uears ago and turned it down because i wanted to go and party there.   Ironic thing is that the guy who offered me the job was confronting some unruly people and i "helped" him maintain order until reinforcements arrived.  

End result,  passes and food booze for free and vip access to bird's next after party....

Lotsa fun times
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    It's a fun tourney to watch. I could only imagine being there. Years ago when HD tv was first taking off there was a show on HDNet or HD2 I believe where the host would go all over the US to check out party sites like the WM Tourney.  He was on the 16th hole interviewing people and I'll never forget what one drunk guy said (along these lines):

"How can you not have a great time here.  You're in the middle of the desert, beautiful people everywhere, great golf.  It's 78 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, and there's a 100% chance of rain!"

And upon completing that just threw a wad of cash in the air.  It was hilarious.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Be sure to recycle and keep it the greenest show on grass.  Sounds like fun.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • westernbbq
    Options
    All youse guys should come out for this some year, that is, if you like good food, libations and watching attractive women walking around....
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    Pics or it didn't happen. (No golfers please  ;) )
  • westernbbq
    Options
    Pics or it didn't happen. (No golfers please  ;) )
    i didn't make it up there this year.  i am regretting it because in my business, it's a pretty big social event and business development opportunity

had a chance to go and turned it down because i didn't want to wrestle with the crowds....