Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who do you have & what are you cooking for the Big Game?

Options
Remember to show your pictures later or it didn't happen. And yes....I will BUFFALO my own thread if it gets out of hand. Lets keep it clean, have fun and enjoy the game!  
Coming to you from the Mothership!

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,344
    Options
    I think  you all can guess who I'll be rooting for based off my handle. 8lbs of wings and wondering if it's going to be enough. FYI-that chili sauce is delicious! Go Falcons! 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• tclamberth
    Options
    Just butchered the wings, not sure what my next move is quite yet. Frank buffalo sauve will be the final move, but trying to decide if I want to throw a rub on some or all of them.
    Memphis raised me, T-Town made me...Aint never been nothing but a winner
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Brisket! Put on last night (11pm) @ 245. Currently 176 IT. 
    Rise up......just one more time!! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Home made goose and pork brats, home made boudin and a 10pound butt.

Giddyup.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options

Bit late to be cooking for the big game, it was on yesterday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/38870694

• FarmerTom
    Options
    I put two Boston Butts on last night.  Cruising along at 225.  We won't be having any kind of gathering, just like pulled pork.  Will give one of these to my son when he gets off work at 7. Will try to have picks later.   

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Coffee rubbed ribs standing by, birds gonna fly! Pulled pork, wings and Fritos salad too.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    Answer to the first part- Patriots.  And in another thread I have a pork butt running along (since last night).  
    BTW- welcome back from your vacation-trust me, we have all played well together in your absence.  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    edited February 2017
    Options
    SWMBO is making Short Rib Chili in the kitchen. I'll be on the Egg making ABT's and those Pineapple Gems somebody posted earlier this week.

No pick, just want a good game and for Lady Gaga to have a wardrobe malfunction.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    *Jerk chicken* wings are in the SV - to be finished on the BGE later.  Also, chocolate pots de creme with a pinch of Bailey's.  No comment on the game - draw your own conclusions 
    jerkwads!

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    I think  you all can guess who I'll be rooting for based off my handle. 8lbs of wings and wondering if it's going to be enough. FYI-that chili sauce is delicious! Go Falcons! 
    100%. I never knew I was a Falcons fan until two weeks ago.  Colts fans, we are spurned by poor ownership. The Irsay's believe one player makes a team.  Cowboys have proven that the o line makes the offense tick. Dak is average, the next colin capernick.

Can't believe folks  actually root for Darth Vader. 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Wings, baby back ribs, salmon sushi, pizza, fish and truffle chips.  Pictures hopefully after said food is prepared and served.
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Answer to the first part- Patriots.  And in another thread I have a pork butt running along (since last night).  
    BTW- welcome back from your vacation-trust me, we have all played well together in your absence.  =)

Patriots?!?! And I used to like you! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JacksDad
    JacksDad Posts: 538
    Options

Chuck roast for pepper stout beef. Then chickens and burgers and dogs.

Large BGE -- New Jersey

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    Buffalo wangs in honor of the Almighty Buffalo that roams this fine forum. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @GATraveller - I didn't duck the question like several of the posts here  =)  
    Have a great day-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @lousubcap. Full disclosure...I honestly didn't know who was playing until this morning. 

Football starts on Thursday and ends on Saturday night in my house. This is the first pro game I will even pretend to watch all year. 

Mostly it's an excuse to get good grub and drink too much on Sunday night. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Falcons.
    They have a UK player on the roster.
    Wings, sausages, and bacon wrapped pineapple, plus 4 pounds of Alaskan King Crab Legs for My Beautiful Wife.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    @lousubcap looks like you and I are the lone patriots supporters here. I really want to see Goodell have to hand Brady the trophy!!
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I made turkey chili last night using a turkey that I rubbed with Dizzy Pigs Mad Max and egged. Dirty Birds all the way.
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    Pats 34-20

Smoking a butt, jalapeno slaw, baked beans, and cornbread. Charcuterie board to start.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    Oak smoked ground venison Cin Chili. Also made a five layer dip and possibly some pigs ina blanket. I'm a Steelers fan so I don't have a dog in this fight. Pulling for the Falcons.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Chips and salsa
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Falcons 

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @bgebrent -  great looking wangs.   Enjoy the banquet.
    Truth be told, I'm not a Pats fan as much as I am less of a Falcons fan.  But to make it fun you've gotta have some skin in the game-so here we are.  

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @bgebrent -  great looking wangs.   Enjoy the banquet.
    Truth be told, I'm not a Pats fan as much as I am less of a Falcons fan.  But to make it fun you've gotta have some skin in the game-so here we are.  

Thanks Cap.  I'm life long Pats fan (born in the state) but now live in the ATL. I'd like to see the Falcons take it.  Tom has enough bling.  Although I would enjoy watching Goodell give him the trophy!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • FarmerTom
    Options
    I've got to pull for the Pats.  Have cousins in the Boston area that are BIG Patriots fans.  And like them or not, you've got to admit year after year they are almost always a contender for the SuperBowl.  

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Just pulled brisket off at 193 IT. FTC. 
    Patriots have 2 damn fine Dawgs in David Andrews and Malcolm Mitchell. Wish nothing but the best for those two. 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    If Pats win, Goodell may need to find a reason for an eight game suspension next year.