Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Marathon beef rib cook

Options
Picked up a rack of beef short ribs as well as a rack of back ribs. Texas post oak and peach chunks for smoke. Started these things at noon and they JUST finished. Man, beef ribs have a mind of their own - every cook is different. 
Ajax, ON Canada
(XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Great result right there.  A banquet for sure.
    I have been of two minds with beef ribs-presently the back ribs are the cut of choice.  Regardless, they beat their pork cousins every time.  
    For me (LBGE) running around 250-270*F on the dome I see around 4.5-5 hours for the back ribs and 6-7 for the short ribs, FYI.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Great result right there.  A banquet for sure.
    I have been of two minds with beef ribs-presently the back ribs are the cut of choice.  Regardless, they beat their pork cousins every time.  
    For me (LBGE) running around 250-270*F on the dome I see around 4.5-5 hours for the back ribs and 6-7 for the short ribs, FYI.
    Yeah I'm normally 7 hours for short ribs, but these ones were stubborn.  I even wrapped in paper for 2 hours because the bark was right where I wanted it. Still took almost 9 hours. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Way to stay the course and punch it home.  Friggin cow always wins!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.