Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

my new custom Duckcover

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,894
I had them duplicate my old torn, holy BGE vinyl cover which protects my table with the large and small eggs. It has a drawstring bottom but I cut and removed the cord to allow easy on and off. I still plan to give Mel's Covers a shout out for an estimate for a HD vinyl one for winter use.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @RRP
    Nice cover Ron. However I half expected it to be gold plated considering your money  =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    SGH said:
    @RRP
    Nice cover Ron. However I half expected it to be gold plated considering your money  =)
    Or beautiful women standing there holding umbrellas over the eggs. 

Little Rock, AR

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    SGH said:
    @RRP
    Or beautiful women standing there holding umbrellas over the eggs. 
    Skin is waterproof. Just sayin'.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    That looks like a solid cover. What is the reason it won't also work for winter use?
    Stillwater, MN
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    That looks like a solid cover. What is the reason it won't also work for winter use?
    I think it wouldn't withstand the wet/freeze/thaw cycles. I do know this - I am sorry I bought this cover and haven't used it since putting it on for this picture back in January! I like my old vinyl BGE one with the years of patches with duck tape better! This one is a weird fit and there is no way they duplicated the old one I sent for a pattern.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.