Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Future Texas crutch festival ( pic heavy)

Options
Here's the location. After finally settling out of court. I closed on my building today. 10 thousand sq ft. Originally a Dodge dealership build in 1937. Here's some before pics

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Very cool! What are your plans for it?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Great spot- glad it finally worked out. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    That's a sweet building.  You should have a fest.

You could put about 30 murder vans inside where the cops can't see em!  ;)

Just messin wif ya. =)
    Options
    Cool man!

Is that your kid trying to break in like Jackie Chan?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    @DMW setup the shop for my car stuff and probably build a house in the front of it. I can see a huge commercial kitchen and connected outdoor kitchen in my future. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    caliking said:
    Cool man!

Is that your kid trying to break in like Jackie Chan?
    Nah, he's humping the door, breaking IT in.
  • texaswig
    Options
    @caliking that's funny. His shoes do look very Jackie Chan ish. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    It's about time!
    Get it going!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • texaswig
    Options
    @Hotch I know right. I still have to kick out the tenant. I'm going to have the talk with him tomorrow. I'm hoping it goes well. I think he has to have some idea what's been going on. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Hotch
    Options
    Hell I'm ready to have a party!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Congrats! Looks like it may have had a gas station. If you haven't already, and especially since you plan on putting a residential structure on the land, be sure to have environmental tests done to ensure no underground gas tanks are leaking or anything else is afoul underground.

Can't wait to see the "after" pictures.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • texaswig
    Options
    @HofstraJet that's a smart idea . but if anything the old showroom and offices will be converted into living space. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Congrats! Looks like it may have had a gas station. If you haven't already, and especially since you plan on putting a residential structure on the land, be sure to have environmental tests done to ensure no underground gas tanks are leaking or anything else is afoul underground.

Agree 100%. I have no idea as to the regs in Texas but in many parts of the country underground storage tanks pose a potential avalanche of redtape and expense. Also, since it was an auto dealer who knows what they may have been dumping  over the years.

An old commercial property like that would have been worth a site assessment beforehand.

Beyond that - neat looking building! Look forward to seeing what you do with it.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

The UST regulation system (driven by EPA) would have identified the site and flagged it unless someone buried some tanks clandestinely.

My company does this type of testing, let me know if you have any issues or questions.  I don't work on this stuff specifically, but I have resources.
    Options
    Hoping this property surpasses your dreams.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Hotch
    Options
    How big is the lot?
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Congrats Scott!  Glad it worked out.
  • texaswig
    Options
    @Hotch I'm wanting to say 3/4 of a acre. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Hotch
    Options
    Nice. Get it cleaned out and fixed up and lets get the party started!!
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX