Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Success -- And Yummy Chicken Thighs

Kjunbob
Kjunbob Posts: 118
Well, on my fourth cook, I learned from my earlier mistakes and cooked some outstanding Chicken Thighs.  Starting with enough coal, and having a Thermopen were great helps...  

I found and used this recipe, but used a stock sauce that my wife likes.  

http://www.food.com/recipe/spicy-smoked-chicken-thighs-481554  

I didn't use the water or apple juice in the drip pan, and found that the rub recipe was sufficient for about 4 large chicken thighs

Large Egg.  New Orleans Area

Comments

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    looks great! It's definitely a learning journey.
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,204
    Looks tasty, but complicated. I did a batch of thighs last weekend. I went with the boneless/skinless variety. I coated them in olive oil then tossed them in Penzeys Northwoods Seasoning. The prep goes real quick. An hour indirect at 375 with one each apple and pecan wood chunks about the size of lemons added to the lump. Smokey and flavorful and falling apart tender. 
    Michiana, South of the border.