Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

ABT's...

nothing too out of the ordinary, did a turbo butt last night and using some of the leftovers for nachos and stuffed a few jalapenos to match..  more pics in a few hours.

Cheers!
VA Beach

Comments

• deadlyfrogdeadlyfrog Posts: 47
    Looking forward to the killer pics. I can taste them now!
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 3,510
    Love some abt's. Well done. 
    "Woke up today and decided to kill my ego, It never done me no good no how"
    -Sturgill Simpson

Peachtree Corners, GA
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,712
    Those look might good!

Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
  • VB_eggerVB_egger Posts: 272
    Everything tasted real good,  ABT's went for about 90 mins at 250*, the nachos tasted really good too.  thanks for looking.
    VA Beach
  • Look great. I hope you don't have PT in the morning though!

"Yes, the meat is Free Range. As far as 100% organic, the only thing I injected him with was a 180 grain bullet and the corn in the feeder was non GMO."

Nashville(ish), TN 

• GregWGregW Posts: 1,185
    Those look great!
    I've never cooked any, I'm adding them to the must cook list.
  • kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 1,017
    Awesome. Love nachos on the egg. The egg adds that extra layer of flavor restaraunts can't touch.  
    LBGE - 36Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
    I messed up my first time by wrapping the bacon too tightly. When it crisped up it contracted and squeezed out most of the cheese. 
    -Sturgill Simpson

Peachtree Corners, GA
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 2,257
    Nice spread. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

• jeponlinejeponline Posts: 113
    Finally googled what ABT stands for. Now I think I definitely have to try making some
    Large BGE
    Huntsville, AL
  • JohnH12JohnH12 Posts: 135
    Looks great.
    I can never seem to get the bacon to crisp up like that and I use the regular bacon, not the thick sliced.
    What's your secret?
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 6,753
    nom, nom, nom, nom, nom!
  • HofstraJetHofstraJet Posts: 903
    Looks great. Any way to make these without cream cheese, or does it then become a vegetarian steak?
    Two Large Eggs, 36" Blackstone, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in SE Florida - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • JohnH12 said:
    Looks great.
    I can never seem to get the bacon to crisp up like that and I use the regular bacon, not the thick sliced.
    What's your secret?
    you can par cook the bacon, or go indirect for a longer amount of time
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 2,257
    Looks great. Any way to make these without cream cheese, or does it then become a vegetarian steak?
    I've made them with peanut butter.  It's a good change up.
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

• pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 6,753
    I do as Stike says and go indirect for a longer time. Another tip I use is to allow the bacon to come up to temp during assembly. You can spread it out with your hand and manipulate it almost like caul fat if it is allowed to warm towards room temp. Gives you a better wrapped finish product and a thinner bacon to render down when cooking.
    I do them indirect and raise the grate above felt level to get the bacon crisp....works like a charm.
    -Sturgill Simpson

Peachtree Corners, GA
    @JohnH12, I go indirect at 250 until the bacon looks right. Another is try not to wrap the bacon around the pepper twice, cut it if needed. 
    VA Beach
  • tonyledtonyled Posts: 488
    refried beans and cheddar work also
  • Those look incredible!! I know what I'm doing with my leftover pork 
  • TideEggHeadTideEggHead Posts: 173
    Nachos on the egg! I learn something new every day! I don't think I'll ever get to the bottom of my list of "to cook" on the egg.
    LBGE
    SC AL
  • Did you mix shredded cheese into your cream cheese?
    Yes, I also use some DP shaking the tree with the cheese mix.  Dizzy dust on bacon. 
    VA Beach
  • Thank you. This is happening tomorrow 
  • Literally one of the best things to come off of this egg! Thanks for this thread. Cheers!
  • SGHSGH Posts: 22,589
    jeponline said:
    Finally googled what ABT stands for. Now I think I definitely have to try making some
    Kind of odd isn't it? You would think that ABT would stand for:
    Anus. Bowels, & Testicles. 
    But strangely it does not.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
  • SGHSGH Posts: 22,589
    @VB_egger
    Great looking grub brother. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
  • CTMikeCTMike Posts: 687
    Used chorizo in mine for the first time instead of the lil' smokys I normally use. Came out amazing. 
    MMBGE/Large BGE/XL BGE (Craigslist Find)/SF30x80 cabinet trailer on order/ Outdoor kitchen in progress. 

Southeastern CT. 
    Always a hit!
    VA Beach