Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Rib rub.....

Planning in trying some pork ribs for the first time this coming weekend for the NFL playoffs and was looking some suggestions on a great rub

Comments

• Hans61Hans61 Posts: 1,622
    So many.

dizzy pig and meat church seem to be the most popular brands right now.
    XL BGE and a green Weber Performer
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 5,489
    If you want to make one from scratch, APL's is pretty good.  I use a small variation of it:

6 Tablespoons mild chile powder
    3 Tablespoons sweet paprika
    3 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
    1.5 teaspoons dry mustard
    2 teaspoons garlic salt
    2 teaspoons kosher salt
    2 teaspoons black pepper
    1 teaspoon Old Bay
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Just watch out for the brown sugar as it can burn if you end up running too hot.  
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

In Durham, NC, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 11,475
    Go with whatever you used before and then you can get a taste/cook comparison.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood.
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 6,753
    I'm back on a Bad Byron's Butt Rub kick lately. I've used dozens over the years. If you are going to sauce them, it's not quite as important imo, but I like to use a spicier rub if using a sweeter sauce. 
  • smokeyjsmokeyj Posts: 324

Order up some Grand Champion from Texas bbq rubs. Great on pork. The brisket rub is awesome also. Great price for two pound bags.

http://www.texasbbqrub.com/shopping.html