Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Found some frozen tuna I caught a while back. And SRF Filets. In a warm sink then seared.

FoghornFoghorn Posts: 4,431
Warmed it to 110 in the sink. Seared on cast iron on the egg. The tuna was blackened but wasn't optimal as it had been in the freezer too long but was still pretty decent. The steaks were outstanding. 

Thanks for looking. 

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

Comments

• theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 13,245
    Mmmmm tuna
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,578
    Nice cook man and great catch!

XLBGE 
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 4,431
    Thanks @theyolksonyou and @MrCookingNurse. To be honest I just wanted an opportunity to post the picture of that tuna again...

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• RedSkipRedSkip Posts: 938
    Damn that's an awesome fish!
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
    Thanks @RedSkip. That was a good day. To be honest, it was our 5th tuna trip and the first time we ever pulled one in. So I feel bad that I lost track of some of the filets I cut for over a year, because they effectively cost me over $100/pound. 

San Antonio, TX

• Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 6,960
    HELL YES!! Very nice cook. 

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • blind99blind99 Posts: 3,387
    I'd say the picture of you and your son is totally worth it. 

Oh and those plates are awesome!
    Chicago, IL - Large BGE - Weber Gasser - Weber Kettle
    Thanks @Mattman3969 and @blind99

San Antonio, TX

• EoinEoin Posts: 153
    Foghorn said:
    Thanks @RedSkip. That was a good day. To be honest, it was our 5th tuna trip and the first time we ever pulled one in. So I feel bad that I lost track of some of the filets I cut for over a year, because they effectively cost me over $100/pound. 
    It's all about the experience! I daren't think about the cost per night camping in my van, but the memories are so much better than staying in a hotel.
    Eoin said:
    Foghorn said:
    It's all about the experience! I daren't think about the cost per night camping in my van, but the memories are so much better than staying in a hotel.

Very true @Eoin.  All the trips were fun and only once did we come back empty-handed.  On all the other trips we picked up some striped bass and bluefish. 

San Antonio, TX

• calikingcaliking Posts: 8,797
    Good eats, man.

I hope you took more than 1 pic if they were renting the big ones for photo ops :smiley:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    @caliking, yes there were 6 of us who pretended to catch it. Here's another pic. One of my son's buddies laying next to it. He's 6'2".  

San Antonio, TX

• Hans61Hans61 Posts: 1,622
    Tuna steak is awesome, looks great!
    XL BGE and a green Weber Performer