Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Camembert for a fondue starter

Options
Can't believe it took me so long to try this. I was doing some wings indirect at 300f for 45mins, so decided to stick a Camembert on too. Stabbed a few holes in it and slipped in slivers of garlic (about 2 cloves), some rosemary and a dribble of honey. It was insanely good with bread dipped into it. Guests gobbled it up in no time. 

Comments

• JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    Looks pretty highbrow next to the wings!

did the camembert go the whole 45 too?
    ...and what was the smoke?

this should have gotten more attention. Slipped off the front page...  Nice simple app. 

My wife does something similar with brie. I like the camembert idea
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Options
    Nice!

I will be doing that.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    Love it.  Looks great 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That's a great idea. Thanks for posting it. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • TheToast
    TheToast Posts: 376
    Options
    @JustineCaseyFeldown I can't actually remember how long it was on for - at least 30mins, maybe the full 45. I basically took it off when a little shake made it wobble (the outer cheese rind keeps it solid, when inside it's turned to a goo). Highly recommend it - 2mins to prep and looks great. 

Snoked with olive and apple wood - mainly for the wings. 
  • CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
     Looks like a great complement to an egg baked french baguette!

Jim
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim