Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Top notch warranty service from BBQ Guru folks!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,890
edited December 2016 in Off Topic
Back in Sept I replaced my deceased old BBQ Guru Competitor model with a new DigiQDX2 and for a variety of reasons never used it until Christmas morning when I wanted it to baby sit my ham for 6 hours. Well - it didn't work! I could get the pit temp set but not the food temp and then it started sending other messages before going blank. I never used it!

I emailed warranty service at the company and before I even had heard back today they had already sent me a prepaid UPS label for the return! That was followed up shortly with an email response apologizing, but also telling me they were shipping me a new replacement tomorrow! I had only purchased the control unit and cables since I had the fan and power block from my Competitor model. They asked that I return those 2 pieces as well as they were replacing every thing!

BTW the responder was polite in effect saying the problem was probably "user error", but they wanted me to be satisfied!

Great service!!!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• MrCookingNurse
    Options
    That's always good to hear!

XLBGE 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,051
    Options
    Awesome service!  Love good companies.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Nothing builds loyalty like above and beyond costumer service. Congrats.
    Stillwater, MN
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Wow! That's great Ron! Nice to hear that they take care of people. Would like to say I had the same experience. I called and emailed several times after getting my CyberQ Wifi and never heard back. Finally had an IT friend that was able to get it fixed. I'll buy another brand next time.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I sent my friends Party Q in for warranty work that he gave me. It was within the warranty and he had the receipt. The down button on the controller stopped working. (6 months old) They said the controller had got wet and it was essentially our fault. I'm not sure if that's true or not. They said I could send it in and they could replace the internal parts for $50 including shipping. So I sent it in and they were great to work with. They sent the controller back with the "new internal components." Not exactly true. It was complete BS. They didn't fix any internal components. They sent me a whole new controller. They didn't tell me it was a new but I know the one I sent in had a few light scratches on it from prior use. I love how they "fixed" the internal components for me. I can't complain though. Probably cheaper for them to send a whole new unit than to pay someone to fix every little issue. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited December 2016
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I sent my friends Party Q in for warranty work that he gave me. It was within the warranty and he had the receipt. The down button on the controller stopped working. (6 months old) They said the controller had got wet and it was essentially our fault. I'm not sure if that's true or not. They said I could send it in and they could replace the internal parts for $50 including shipping. So I sent it in and they were great to work with. They sent the controller back with the "new internal components." Not exactly true. It was complete BS. They didn't fix any internal components. They sent me a whole new controller. They didn't tell me it was a new but I know the one I sent in had a few light scratches on it from prior use. I love how they "fixed" the internal components for me. I can't complain though. Probably cheaper for them to send a whole new unit than to pay someone to fix every little issue. 
    Alot of companies have a stock load of refurbished items that they just swap to save time and speed up turn around. You might have have gotten back some one elses DOA  unit that was fixed.lol
    But it's fixed and working. That's what matters.
    My guru GigiQ as DOA after sitting new/unused for a few months. Was also told it was repaired but came back a different color. Ha Ha.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    WeberWho said:
    Alot of companies have a stock load of refurbished items that they just swap to save time and speed up turn around. You might have have gotten back some one elses DOA  unit that was fixed.lol
    But it's fixed and working. That's what matters.
    My guru GigiQ as DOA after sitting new/unused for a few months. Was also told it was repaired but came back a different color. Ha Ha.
    That's too funny with the different color. I don't think mine had a finger print on it when they sent it back. That makes total sense with the the DOA and the condition mine is in. Thanks for the explanation!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • RRP
    Options
    I hear you guys about sending them in and maybe getting the same unit back, but in my case they are mailing me the whole works before they will ever even receive mine back! Now whether is is someone else's that has been repaired I think it will be obvious if what I get back isn't new.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    thanks for sharing Ron.   I have ordered directly from bbq guru and the folks there are helpful.  I also send all my friends and family their way (and to Ceramic Grill Store) because of how great the level of service is.
  • RRP
    Options
    BTW as promised the BBQ Guru folks shipped the replacements today and I got confirmation of that claim from UPS.
  • Scotian28
    Options
    I had similar experience with BBQ Guru. The wires soldered onto the fan gave up, they just popped right off. I emailed about warranty claim and within a day they had a new fan shipped out and I received it a couple days later. No issues going to Canada or anything of that nature too.
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    I am very satisfied with my BBQ Guru products.  I have the original PartyQ that keeps on ticking and a CyberQ Wifi that has been left out in a couple of rain storms, yes twice, into a rice bath for a couple of weeks both times, and it still functions perfectly.... 
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    @rrp wonder how they figure it could be user error? All you do is push up or down.....it definitely ain't rocket surgery. 
    I love mine and only issue I've had in 2 years of heavy use is keeping up with the alligator clamp that won't stay attached to the pit  probe.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    @rrp wonder how they figure it could be user error? All you do is push up or down.....it definitely ain't rocket surgery. 
    I love mine and only issue I've had in 2 years of heavy use is keeping up with the alligator clamp that won't stay attached to the pit  probe.
    Ditch the clip
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    I stick my probe through the thermo hole in the shell and let it dangle in the dome. Ok, that didn't sound right.... but you get the picture lol. 
    XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I stick my probe through the thermo hole in the shell and let it dangle in the dome. Ok, that didn't sound right.... but you get the picture lol. 

*giggle giggle*

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    RRP said:
    BTW as promised the BBQ Guru folks shipped the replacements today and I got confirmation of that claim from UPS.
    Can we forum denizens get an update of where the shipment was last scanned?

(just messing with ya Ron!)

They might monitor this forum, in which case, they would know of you and possibly give you preferential treatment.  So we need to hear about someone with this problem not on the forum, but if we did, they'd be "observed" and it wouldn't count...  This is a classic case of quantum mechanics - think Schrodinger's cat.
    Options
    As someone sometimes says here "no photo - then it didn't happen" - well here's proof that the BBQ Guru folks came through as promised!