Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RIP - Carrie Fisher

Options
Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
edited December 2016 in Off Topic
Good bye princess Leia. You will be missed.
They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    She is at one with the force.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    She was quite a bit more than Leia.  She spoke openly, frankly, and honestly about mental health issues.  That's her true legacy IMHO.

2016 can F off and die already.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited December 2016
    Options
    She was quite a bit more than Leia.  She spoke openly, frankly, and honestly about mental health issues.  That's her true legacy IMHO.

Very true.  I was referring to my first introduction to her.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Very true.  I was referring to my first introduction to her.
    No worries buddy - my post wasn't meant as criticism of yours.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Options
    2016 has not been kind.
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Just got back from Rogue One. What a day seeing her as a young woman and knowing she had passed away today. 

This year has sucked for so many reasons, I started to draft a F you 2016 thread but it was starting to become a pity party for all the personal **** that's gone wrong this year so I deleted it but I agree with @JohnInCarolina. This year can't end fast enough. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    gmac said:
    Just got back from Rogue One. What a day seeing her as a young woman and knowing she had passed away today. 

This year has sucked for so many reasons, I started to draft a F you 2016 thread but it was starting to become a pity party for all the personal **** that's gone wrong this year so I deleted it but I agree with @JohnInCarolina. This year can't end fast enough. 
    I also saw Rogue One again today and got choked up seeing her on screen.

John Oliver had a great F U to 2016 in his season finale.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Gamecockeggman
    Options
    Ironically I took my wife and son to see Rogue One today and came home to see the news.  
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Ironically I took my wife and son to see Rogue One today and came home to see the news.  
    That was my day too.  Saw it, smiled, then saw the news and stopped smiling.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    This mouse season, I've killed Stuart and nine of his brothers.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Then you only have his twenty sisters and all of the nieces and nephews to go.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Very sad. Way too soon 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Carrie Fisher Wanted Her ‘Fantastic Obit’ To Read Something Like This

“I drowned in moonlight, strangled by my own bra.”

Elyse Wanshel 

Many touching obituaries have been written in the wake of Carrie Fisher’s death on Tuesday.

Yet, none are quite like the one the witty 60-year-old author once wrote for herself.

In Fisher’s 2008 memoir Wishful Drinking, which she also adapted into a one-woman show, the actress describes an exchange she had with “Star Wars” creator George Lucas about her iconic Princess Leia costume. She writes:

“George comes up to me the first day of filming and he takes one look at the dress and says, ‘You can’t wear a bra under that dress.’ So I say, ‘Okay, I’ll bite. Why?’ And he says, ‘Because ... there’s no underwear in space.’ I promise you this is true, and he says it with such conviction too! Like he had been to space and looked around and he didn’t see any bras or panties or briefs anywhere.”

Lucas, who deemed gold bikinis A-OK in outer space, later explained to Fisher the logic behind his no-bras-in-other-galaxies rule, which she also describes in the book:

“What happens is you go to space and you become weightless. So far so good, right? But then your body expands??? But your bra doesn’t — so you get strangled by your own bra.”

She then reveals how she would like her “fantastic obit” to read:

“Now I think that this would make for a fantastic obit — so I tell my younger friends that no matter how I go, I want it reported that I drowned in moonlight, strangled by my own bra.

Options
    George Lucas didn't mesmerize me with Star Wars but, Princess Leia had me at the 70s Drive-In like...
    Ay mamacita!  Legendary Leia will be missed.  One of my first silver screen crushes. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Sad to hear. Now everyone from Alderaan is dead.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.