Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Suggestions for short notice Xmas Eve dinner!

Options
Gym
Gym Posts: 366
Hi all
I just posted looking for advice on a pork roast. Turns out I bought the wrong one (boneless rib roast) for pulled pork.
I'd like to put something on tomorrow morning, but stores don't open until 8am here. Any advice what I could cook low/slow tomorrow morning and have ready for dinner?
Thanks and merry Christmas!

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    If it were me I would skip the L&S deal and since you are leaning to pork, I would grab a pork tenderloin.  Around here they come two to the pack-open it  up and you can simply stuff between the two and tie together.  Roast raised direct til around 137*F (around 40 mins at 350*F on the dome) and then slice and serve.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gym
    Gym Posts: 366
    Options
    Thanks!
    I just got a flame boss last weekend and was so looking forward to a low slow. Maybe your right, just roast something like a tenderloin. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    Grab some ribs and low&slow down the road.  No pressure and will enable you to get a feel for how it runs.  Your call-wherever you land, have fun.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.