Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizza stone for indirect???

mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm doing my first brisket this weekend and was wondering about using a pizza stone to create an indirect method with my drip pan on that and briskie on a v-rack? Thoughts on this? I have not yet procured firebricks. And given the looks I'm getting, may not be procuring them SOON!
·

Comments

• djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    mollyShark:[p]That is what I do. Works great for brisket, which is the only thing I cook indirect. I suggest covering the stone and pan separately with foil for easy clean-up.

·
  • SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    mollyShark,[p]A pizza stone will work handsomely. A drip pan will also work, but the pan will suffer in the long run. [p]Spin
    ·
  • mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Actually I was going to use a foil pan for a drip pan and sit it on the pizza stone that I. But a good idea covering the pizza stone with foil. Will rub down briskie tomorrow and toss him on Sunday morning. It's perfect...flat, pointy, and cryovac-ed. Will let you know howsit goes. Thanks for the help!
    ·
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    mollyShark, Yup to all the below comments.."-)

·