Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CI daisy wheel stuck to top of minimax.

Options
Woild heating it up shake it loose?

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,037
    Options
    I have found they are easier to remove when hot.  All the oils and greases loosen up.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    I have found they are easier to remove when hot.  All the oils and greases loosen up.
    Thanks Buddy!  :' -(i am ashamed to admit that the mm hasnt been fired up in over a month!
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    I just tap mine lightly with a wood chunk if it sticks. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    Thanks Buddy!  :' -(i am ashamed to admit that the mm hasnt been fired up in over a month!
    Does it come with a ceramic cap?

if so, when you are shutting down, put the daisy inside on the grid, shut the dome, and put the rain cap on

keeps the daisy seasoned, and excess grease will drip right off it
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Does it come with a ceramic cap?

if so, when you are shutting down, put the daisy inside on the grid, shut the dome, and put the rain cap on

keeps the daisy seasoned, and excess grease will drip right off it
    Yep got the ceramic cap and either forgot about it in last cook, or was too lazy to make the switch.  Probably the latter....
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    Mines stuck stuck because of the gasket. Even hot it won't budge. Haven't cared enough to work on it honestly. It's under cover and used rarely so it's not rusting and works fine. 
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax