Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Update - SV dry aged prime rib

Options

27 day dry aged, 3bone prime rib. SV @ 132 x 8hrs or so.

Got the SBGE HOT.

Extra hit of DP Raising the Steaks. Seared it.

Sliced it.

Served with au jus, SV garlic mashed potatoes, and zukes sautéed with DP Happy Nancy. Sorry for the absence of a plated shot.

So, I had mixed feelings about this one. It probably needed another couple of hours in the SV to become phenomenal. I should have trimmed the leathery bark off, because it stayed leathery despite the SV time. It did taste "beefier" than non-aged beef I've had, so that was a plus. And the ribeye cap was probably the best bite, even if it was a bit chewy. But I think I enjoyed the mashed potatoes the most. Maybe because I haven't had good mashed potatoes in a while.

What would I do differently? I may give a dry aged prime rib 1 more shot some time. Will trim it, and possibly SV overnight or at a slightly higher temp. I have another baby prime rib in the fridge, which I'm going to roast on the egg and see if I like that more.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments