Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good Evening of Eggin

Options
Made some Chex Party Mix on the large with a lil Apple wood.  

After 1 1/2hrs at 275° and stirring every 15-20mins.  Cooling on the counter.  The initial taste was awesome with just a hint of apple smoke 

Then opened up the egg for some Mongolian Beef 

And plated with Basmati rice 

Finishing touch on the Friday event is a nice glass of Woodford Double Oak and ice.   Nice end to the week and beginning to the weekend.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Woooooh!  Damn that's nice!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • NewbeeMinimax
    Options
    I learned something new. Will smoke chips/ chex mix some time soon.
    Enjoy.
    Bucks County, PA
    Minimax, XL, Flameboss 200, Roccbox

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Very nice. I can't wait for my daughter to come home for Christmas; we always make "trash" together. On a side note - the way this Friday is shaping up - you're a brave soul for actually posting something you cooked...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    @SciAggie -  didn't even notice the nonsense that was going on.  Just cooked and posted it.  Thank you for the compliment 

analyze adapt overcome

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    You are my hero! Are you adopting? Btw, the Chex mix is a sleeper in your line up. It's a murderers row though. Bravo!
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @SciAggie Chex mix and Mongolian beef, this is a good thread for me tonight!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Mattman3969 That fire pic of the fire under your wok is really cool. I can just hear the sizzle. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    That ain't no 325° I promise.  Lol

analyze adapt overcome

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Man, I could use some Chex mix to go with my drink about now. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Mighty fine... nice trash 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Awesome, just awesome. Mom always used the straight pretzels, called them nuts and bolts. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Was actually talking about doing Chex mix this weekend. You beat me to it! Btw it all looks great. Thanks for the kick in the pants. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    That is an excellent evening egging.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky