Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Marinated Sirloins

Options
Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
It was cold and rainy last night, so I opted to cook these inside in a CI skillet (hence the OT category).  

The marinade was Tuscan Herb infused EVOO, a splash or two of Cranberry Pear White Balsamic, Soy Sauce, Lemon Juice, one Clove crushed Garlic, dried Basil, dried Parsley, Chili Garlic Hot Sauce and cracked Pepper. Marinated the steaks for about an hour. 

Took the IT to 132 deg f and let them briefly rest.  I was pleasantly surprised that the steaks cooked perfectly through from edge to edge. I kept the burner's heat at around medium to medium high heat for the most part, and dropping the heat all the way down occasionally to keep the marinade from burning, while still giving them a good crust. I also loosely wrapped the top of them with foil while cooking in order for the inside to come to temp. Worked like a charm!

Thx for lookin! 

Comments