Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stall..

Options
How long does the stall usually last?  I have been stuck at 163 for 2 hours.  I gotta have this at a Christmas party at 6:00.  Dome temp is 300.  Should I increase temp?

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    go to 350° dome

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    Foil it.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • chasgh
    chasgh Posts: 64
    Options
    I havent foiled but did turn up to 350...its climbing slowly now at 167.  Am I going to make 6;00?
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Foil and heat. 30+ degrees internal in 2 hrs is gonna be a challenge. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • SloppyJoe
    Options
    you need to foil it.
  • chasgh
    Options
    ok foiled and at 174.  Keep heat at 350 or can/should I go higher?
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    Options
    I enjoy the stall....
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • chasgh
    Options
    Looks like Im going to make it or be darn close..Im at 198 at 5:50!  Thanks for the help.  Planning to pull at 203, is that a hard line or would it be ok to pull below that?
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    Probe it and see how it feels. Usually right around 200-205 is plenty tender. 

Could keep in foil and pull out at just under 200 and head to party and pull then. Carry over and rest won't hurt it 
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Pull when a probe inserted in multiple places meets no resistance. Like a hot knife through butter. I have no idea what temp. I never even start to check until 195°.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    I don't know what the issue is. It's only 3:00!
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    Pull when a probe inserted in multiple places meets no resistance. Like a hot knife through butter. I have no idea what temp. I never even start to check until 195°.
    Agree. I think I've curiously done it and been in the 190s and could feel it giving up the ghost. I've checked when done and almost falling apart and always in the 200/205 range. 

Do em enough you can push on them and know when done. 
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Did you make it?
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • chasgh
    Options
    Thanks to all for the advice!  I did make it.  Pulled at 201 right at 6:00.  Didnt get a chance to let rest of course.  Immediately pulled pork apart and doused with sauce and ran to the party. The Q was a hit and was scarfed up and had several people come up and tell me how much they enjoyed.  I know, however, that I can do better.  I felt like it was a bit greasy and of course the bark wasnt crisp, both because of having to foil.  Leaves me something to work on for next time.  I wouldnt have made it without the help so a sincere thank you to those who took the time to provide wise counsel!  I was selling a friend at the part on the egg and told him about this community and how helpful it was.  He was very interested and this board (and the Q) might have sold him on the egg!