Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oysters & Ribeye make the work week go down

Options
I don't usually take the time to make up Oysters Rockefeller (if that's what you'd call this) because I enjoy them so much right out of the shell...but after a hellish work week, this treat seemed particularly earned.

Here they are shucked and laid up with bacon, parm, panko, butter, hot sauce, cream, paprika, pepper.

On the egg...

Served!!!  I don't know if this picture does it justice, but these bad boys came out dripping in bacony good cream sauce.

Man they were good.   Even SWMBO'd liked them and she can be a little fickle with food off the egg at times.   I had some hickory in the fire and these oysters took just the right amount of that flavor even though they only cooked about 8 minutes or so.   Solid!!   (Still, I'd choose a milder wood next time)

Then I made some Rib-eye.  It was tender and delicious.  Nothing fancy with the prep.  A straight up one flip direct cook and it was very tasty.

A perfect Friday night indulgence.
LBGE/Maryland

Comments

• Luvnlife
    Luvnlife Posts: 219
    Options
    That looks like an amazing meal. Nice cook!!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    My hero. Damn
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Dude worthy. This cook rules. 5 stars.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    That's fantastic. :clap:
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Ima_good_egg
    Options
    Yum!
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I was thinking how imbalanced my LOE was for the two cooks....
    The 18 oysters cost me $4.50.   Took some time to shuck and assemble.
    The 2 Rib-eyes were $34.  I just threw them on the grill.

Maybe if I factor in what my time is worth, I came out even.  ;)
    Both excellent. 
    LBGE/Maryland
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Top notch meal there!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Now that's my type of meal. Oysters look great. 
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Nice!!! Looks amazing! What temp did you cook the oysters at?? @KiterTodd
    LBGE
    AL
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    That'll make you forget the work week for sure.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I don't like oysters - and you make me want to eat those. Killer meal all around. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    I'm with Aggie, I don't eat them either but there is no way I could pass that up without trying a couple. Looks great!
    Snellville, GA

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Fantastic brother!  I could kill a bunch of those.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Nice!!! Looks amazing! What temp did you cook the oysters at??
    Thanks @TideEggHead, Cooked them at about 400 direct.  Placed my AR on top of my CI grate which was getting ready for the steaks, bars on the lowest setting so about an inch above the fire ring.
    Assembled the oysters on the grate and carried it out to place on the bars.  Checked them after 5 minutes, and then let them go another 4 I guess till the oyters were cooked and the tops were bubbling brown.
    Then brought the grate right to the table (on a metal pan) for service.   Didn't spill a drop of that oyster bisque tasting sauce!  (combination of the oyster juice, cream and butter.)
    LBGE/Maryland
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    KiterTodd said:
    Nice!!! Looks amazing! What temp did you cook the oysters at??
    Thanks @TideEggHead, Cooked them at about 400 direct.  Placed my AR on top of my CI grate which was getting ready for the steaks, bars on the lowest setting so about an inch above the fire ring.
    Assembled the oysters on the grate and carried it out to place on the bars.  Checked them after 5 minutes, and then let them go another 4 I guess till the oyters were cooked and the tops were bubbling brown.
    Then brought the grate right to the table (on a metal pan) for service.   Didn't spill a drop of that oyster bisque tasting sauce!  (combination of the oyster juice, cream and butter.)
    Wow! Thanks for adding in the details, I'll have to try this soon!
    LBGE
    AL