Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First try at beef chuck ribs

Options
Pretty stoked about this!  Been wanting to do some beef ribs for a while now, specifically short/chuck ribs.  A few weekends ago I tried some back ribs but the butcher had already cut all the meat off them, total waste of time, lump, and money.  I finally found some good ribs this morning.  Publix had some chuck ribs out, but they had been cut in half across the bone and then cut into individual ribs.  I asked the butcher if they had any uncut in the back and they did, score!  So I got a whole rack uncut.  Four ribs about ~8" long with about an inch and a half of meat on top of the bones.  3.8lbs.  Going to cook them low and slow on the Egg with some oak for smoke, probably tomorrow night.  Can't wait!  My wife likes meat, but doesn't eat a lot, so depending how much they shrink up during the cook I'm thinking we'll have some leftovers to shred and use in tacos next week.

Dustin - Macon, GA
Southern Wheelworks 

Comments