Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked duck for Carolina Panther... fowl game,

Options
This is how I did ours tonight and turned out excellent.
Prepped day before cook. Store bought farm raised. 5lbs reduced like $ crazy at local grocery after turkey day. 
Clean bird. Remove all accesible fat but save it to render down and cook with another time. 
Puncture skin with paring knife, cautious to not catch meat. This helps open the skin so fat will render out. 

Score the the skin and add your rub. I used a mixture of citrus, cracked pepper and sweet rub. 

Next day stuffed red onion in cavity and placed on BGE with root veggies under.  
I held the veg tray off the place setter to not sear or cook too fast. The fat from the duck dribbles across veggies to flavor and cook. 

So I started with 250 dome for 2 hours with several cherry chunks. Added veggies and opened the breathers up to 325 for an hour. Mix veggies every 15-20. 
Took veg off after about an hour and stoked up to 350 for last 45 mins. 

Im no food artist but... Meat was not greasy at all.  Wife was reluctant but I may have a duck fan.  Very good!!
This came out a crap load better than the Carolina Panther game.  Almost had Oakland
Life's short on this big rock.... Enjoy while you can!

Comments