Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DigiQ DX2 price

Whats the going price for a Digiq DX2 with meat and pit probes, bag, controller, 10CFM fan and fan adapters for XL and Minimax Eggs?

Im thinking of selling mine.

XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    I bought mine used minus the fan for $25
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • oh damn! Yea, I will keep mine before I part ways with it for that price LOL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Wow, for $25 I'll take it.  Even throw in another $20 for shipping and the fan.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    I bet you can get $100+ for it if in good condition. I didn't really need a third controller but for $25 I couldn't pass on it. It's much nicer than the Auber PID controller that I was using previously. I bet you get a hundo for it 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

@EggHeadinFlorida   Are you eyeballing a different controller, or are you going old school?

I got rid of my controller in August and haven't missed it.  

Phoenix 
  • blasting said:

@EggHeadinFlorida   Are you eyeballing a different controller, or are you going old school?

I got rid of my controller in August and haven't missed it.  

I'm eyeballing the FlameBoss.
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    EggHeadinFlorida Posts: 892
    edited November 2016
     I wish someone made a controller that included probes that were heat resistant to over 600 or 700°.  I do a lot of pizza bakes on my egg and I know my Digiq probes as well as the flame boss probes are only rated to 450°.

I posted a question in the main forum yesterday or the day before to see if any of the aftermarket probes would work with any of these controllers. 
     I know Thermo works sells a probe that is heat resistant to 700° and they also have one that he resistant up to 2100°, the connections on the end of these probes that plug into the controller units they all looked identical but obviously if you call up the manufacture of these controller units they're going to tell you more than likely none of the other probes will work. but I just don't want  to waste money finding out if a probe will or will not work

• blasting

I have that 2100 degree probe you mention, and I use it with the Thermaq unit.

It's a good probe, the K series seem to be very robust.  I have the new Smoke unit which uses the pro series probes, and they are terrible by comparison.

Phoenix 
  • blasting said:

I have that 2100 degree probe you mention, and I use it with the Thermaq unit.

It's a good probe, the K series seem to be very robust.  I have the new Smoke unit which uses the pro series probes, and they are terrible by comparison.

which smoke unit you referring to?
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    edited November 2016
    Here's the link to the Smoke unit:  http://www.thermoworks.com/Smoke

The Thermoworks high temp probes have a K-type connector, so they won't work with FlameBoss. I will check and see if the Pro Series probes do over the weekend - I have them and a FlameBoss.

It is also worth noting that on those high temp probes, only the probe is rated for very high temps - the cables are rated for only 500, so not sure how that helps since the cable will still be in the egg during high temp cooks.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • blasting
  • HofstraJet said:

It is also worth noting that on those high temp probes, only the probe is rated for very high temps - the cables are rated for only 500, so not sure how that helps since the cable will still be in the egg during high temp cooks.

The High Temp Flexible Ceramic Fiber Insulated Probe is used in commercial ovens and furnaces. Good choice to monitor fireboxes, kilns, grills, etc. However, it's not designed for direct food measurements.

Sensor Range: -58 to 2200°F (-50 to 1204°C)
    Cable: -58 to 2200°F (-50 to 1204°C)
    Time Constant: Less than 1 seconds typical in liquid. Less than 5 seconds full reading.
    Accuracy: ±0.9°F (±0.5°C) from 32 to 212°F (0 to 100°C)

• HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Thanks. I was looking at the other ones with food probes. But still, the connector is different. 
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  •  I wish someone made a controller that included probes that were heat resistant to over 600 or 700°.  I do a lot of pizza bakes on my egg and I know my Digiq probes as well as the flame boss probes are only rated to 450°.

That is why I got an infrared thermometer from Thermoworks. Can't monitor during the cook but you can use it anytime the top is open.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group