Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Plate Ribs

Options
This has been on my list of things to try...  I picked up some Beef Plate Ribs from Restaurant Depot.

Getting ready

Seasoned up salt/pepper.   I would go with more pepper next time.

Just about done.  The plan was to go 275* until done.   However the wind kicked up big time.  The egg kept wanting to creep up.  They were on the egg for about 5 hours.

Slicing

Plated  w/ Baked Potato and kale chips

I was very happy for it being a first run.  I am already looking forward to the next one.

Thanks for looking...

smak
Leesburg, VA

Comments

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
     A successful cook by the looks of it what is it brisket on a stick? 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    That makes me more excited for dinner tomorrow now!   Doing the same thing!!

very good looking cook there!  Congrats!!
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Those look great. Beef ribs are one of my favorite egg cooks. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    Way to bring it-and as said above, brisket on a stick.  Great cook and result.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great looking ribs brother!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Very nice. Planning on doing some for the Christmas dinner. Always a big favorite, and my younger daughter's huskies become very happy afterwards.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Great job there!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • smak
    smak Posts: 199
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words.

I imagine these will move up the favorites list pretty quickly.

Around here (Northern Virginia) I have only been able to find them at Restaurant Depot which is about 1 hour each way.  On this past visit, the side of the building had a sign that they are opening a new location in Chantilly, VA.  That will be VERY convenient to swing by on my way home from work.
    smak
    Leesburg, VA
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Those look awesome. I wish I could find those in my area. 
    Snellville, GA

• Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    Those look awesome. I wish I could find those in my area. 
    @eggdicted_dawgfan,  have you checked out Restaurant Depot?  There must be one nearby since you're in the Atlanta area.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA