Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Email Notifications

Options
Is there any way that the new post notification emails can contain the text of the new post? Most other message boards do that (makes it easier to keep up with threads as you don't have to keep going to the thread). Thanks!
Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
Twitter: @ Bags
Blog: TheJetsFan.com

Comments

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    @The_Buffalo seems like a good question for you :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    I would like that.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Royalcas
    Options
    I love the Forum and have learned an incredible amount from the experts. Somehow I got involved in a discussion about doing baked ham and all of sudden I get all comments associated with the first exposure. How do I discontinue these follow up emails. They come at very inopportune times and I honestly don't have the time to read them all. Thanks to everyone that shares!
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    Royalcas said:
    I love the Forum and have learned an incredible amount from the experts. Somehow I got involved in a discussion about doing baked ham and all of sudden I get all comments associated with the first exposure. How do I discontinue these follow up emails. They come at very inopportune times and I honestly don't have the time to read them all. Thanks to everyone that shares!
    Go to your profile and then "Notification Settings". Then remove the check in the box in the email column on this line "Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions."

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    Lol

my settings in the beginning were set up to ding me when anyone posted on a thread I posted. Took me a while to figure it out, but that "what are you doing right now" thread was blowing me up!!!!
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Royalcas said:
    Go to your profile and then "Notification Settings". Then remove the check in the box in the email column on this line "Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions."

Unfortunately it is an all or nothing setting - there is no way to unsubscribe from one thread. A severe deficiency of the website. 
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    Royalcas said:

Unfortunately it is an all or nothing setting - there is no way to unsubscribe from one thread. A severe deficiency of the website. 
    If you click the Star icon at the top of the thread it will remove it from your bookmarks, but it will stop the notifications for that particular thread. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Royalcas said:

If you click the Star icon at the top of the thread it will remove it from your bookmarks, but it will stop the notifications for that particular thread. 
    Exactly - you can't keep a bookmark and not be notified.

Also, for threads you participate in, regardless of bookmarks, you either have to receive notifications for all threads or no threads. We need more granular control. I've been "devastated" by this lack of functionality many times.