Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-Breaking News -Chicago Cubs are being forced to give up World Series title

JethroVA
JethroVA Posts: 1,251
Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 

Comments

• SemolinaPilchard
    SemolinaPilchard Posts: 1,282
    edited November 2016
    Hilarious. What I find funny is all the whiners saying "but she won the POPULAR VOTE!!!" Yes, but how do we know she would have one if the electoral college did not exist? If it did not, the campaign would have been conducted very differenly. Maybe she would have won, bu there is no way of knowing. But hey, if it helps their doctor to not have to up their meds, I am fine with it. 
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Yup, they were fine with the rules BEFORE the election.  
    p.s. before folks call me a deplorable, I voted for Johnson as I disclosed on another post. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    That's pretty spot on. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    JethroVA said:

same can be said for trump.  before the election, he was against the electoral college.  i'm guessing now he's cool with it.

everyone, on all sides, is acting like a whining pansy, before/during/after the election.

no one had the high ground on this one.

Except, the press slaughtered Trump for his stupid stuff and they give credibility to the real idiots now. BIG DIFFERENCE! The MSM is the villain once again. Totally unfair totally biased and once again hurting the country as a whole. Legitimate protest my arse!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    JethroVA said:

same can be said for trump.  before the election, he was against the electoral college.  i'm guessing now he's cool with it.

everyone, on all sides, is acting like a whining pansy, before/during/after the election.

Except, the press slaughtered Trump for his stupid stuff and they give credibility to the real idiots now. BIG DIFFERENCE! The MSM is the villain once again. Totally unfair totally biased and once again hurting the country as a whole. Legitimate protest my arse!
    Donald, is that you? hahahaha
  • Trophies and honors to everyone!!!!!!
    Flint, Michigan
  • pgprescott
    JethroVA said:

Don't like the truth. Headlines read " protesters march against Trump presidency for fifth day" 

When Trump was making dumb comments he was called a traitor for undermining the legitimacy of our election process. Remember? This is the essence of the MSM bias it is relentless and intentional. 
  • pgprescott
    JethroVA said:

Btw. I would prefer if the Donald was not going to be president, but the alternative was even less desirable to me. He is spot on about the media. Spot on!
  • JethroVA said:

they are reporting.

i don't see any reports giving them 'credibility'.

the level of stupidity being displayed by both sides has me wishing for the qualified vote.

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    edited November 2016
    Ha!  That's a riot.

Was just saying something similar today when local high school students are protesting against the results.   Is that what we're teaching the millennials...  If you don't like the results of a fair election, just go out and burn some sh*t?   How about we teach them to take a much more active part in the primaries and putting up the right candidates to begin with instead of retweeting the most shocking political stories all day which is how we ended up with a reality star for President in the first place.   Nahhh.....
    LBGE/Maryland
  • pgprescott
    JethroVA said:

they are reporting.

i don't see any reports giving them 'credibility'.

the level of stupidity being displayed by both sides has me wishing for the qualified vote.

Yes. They report for one direction and they slander and editorialize in the other direction.  wake up. Why are these people not traitors for undermining the legitimacy of our system?? Why? 

What stupidity on on both sides? You mean before the election or now? 
  • don't tell me to wake up. i'm not an idiot.

re stupidity on both sides; yeah.  both sides.  before, during, after.

nothing new either.  if you think any one 'side' has the high ground, or ever did (and I mean, oh, i dunno, last 200+ years), then good luck to you.

i have yet to hear ONE newscaster 'slander' or refer to Trump (or the protestors) as traitors.

could be a few people don't understand the difference between an editorial and a news report.

not my problem.

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    don't tell me to wake up. i'm not an idiot.

nothing new either.  if you think any one 'side' has the high ground, or ever did (and I mean, oh, i dunno, last 200+ years), then good luck to you.

i have yet to hear ONE newscaster 'slander' or refer to Trump (or the protestors) as traitors.

could be a few people don't understand the difference between an editorial and a news report.

not my problem.

Hey, hey man...wake up.  :o
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Eggcelsior
    JethroVA said:

Don't like the truth. Headlines read " protesters march against Trump presidency for fifth day" 

When Trump was making dumb comments he was called a traitor for undermining the legitimacy of our election process. Remember? This is the essence of the MSM bias it is relentless and intentional. 
    Ummm, I don't really know what to say here, but logic is not your forte. Yes, in fact, Trump did say things like "the election is rigged" and that he would not accept the results if he lost. Now, people are protesting his election(all things considered, she did win the popular vote by around 750k votes) based on what he said during the campaign and in the past, blah blah, blah, but you know who isn't protesting? Hillary Clinton, who conceded the election before Trump gave his acceptance speech. I can't tell you what would be happening if Clinton had won, since she didn't. But hey, if you really think people exercising their constitutional right to assembly(not the rioters, mind you, but the vast majority are peaceful) are idiots, then I have a bridge to sell you. You are better off engaging someone with an alternative point of view to come to a common resolution that benefits all, rather than demonizing them. That is how our Constitution was ratified after all(i.e. The Three-Fifths Compromise Article 1, Section 2, Paragraph 3 for one). Otherwise, we continue to breed further divisiveness and hatred to the people wearing the other guy's jersey. 
  • Eggcelsior
    I forgot to mention, your post also sounded just like a Trump tweet, hence the Donald? joke.
  • bhedges1987
    JethroVA said:

Ummm, I don't really know what to say here, but logic is not your forte. Yes, in fact, Trump did say things like "the election is rigged" and that he would not accept the results if he lost.
    He said he would not accept the results?  

That's news to me.  Can you show me a quote where he said that? Instead of taking something out of context and putting it into your own words.  Clinton News Network is pretty good at that, I must say.  

Even if he lost and didn't accept it.  Who cares? He can protest right? Al Gore sure took a while to accept his results.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Eggcelsior
    @bhedges1987 no quote, which is why I didn't put it in quotes. He only inferred it. More importantly, if you watch CNN, I feel bad for you. That is most certainly not news. Lastly, "who cares"? Absolutely! Anyone can protest. Gore was actually going to concede but his lawyers said whoa, hoss, let's look at this again.
  • pgprescott
    I forgot to mention, your post also sounded just like a Trump tweet, hence the Donald? joke.
    I got it.
  • pgprescott

JethroVA said:

Ummm, I don't really know what to say here, but logic is not your forte. Yes, in fact, Trump did say things like "the election is rigged" and that he would not accept the results if he lost. Now, people are protesting his election(all things considered, she did win the popular vote by around 750k votes) based on what he said during the campaign and in the past, blah blah, blah, but you know who isn't protesting? Hillary Clinton, who conceded the election before Trump gave his acceptance speech. I can't tell you what would be happening if Clinton had won, since she didn't. But hey, if you really think people exercising their constitutional right to assembly(not the rioters, mind you, but the vast majority are peaceful) are idiots, then I have a bridge to sell you. You are better off engaging someone with an alternative point of view to come to a common resolution that benefits all, rather than demonizing them. That is how our Constitution was ratified after all(i.e. The Three-Fifths Compromise Article 1, Section 2, Paragraph 3 for one). Otherwise, we continue to breed further divisiveness and hatred to the people wearing the other guy's jersey. 
    Reread the posts. You totally miss the point. Oh well good luck with that. 
  • bhedges1987
    @bhedges1987 no quote, which is why I didn't put it in quotes. He only inferred it. More importantly, if you watch CNN, I feel bad for you. That is most certainly not news. Lastly, "who cares"? Absolutely! Anyone can protest. Gore was actually going to concede but his lawyers said whoa, hoss, let's look at this again.
    Hah - So I'll start going around saying so and so said this and this and this to try to influence my current bias, but I will make sure I don't put it in quotes..  Good to know.  

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• SemolinaPilchard
    SemolinaPilchard Posts: 1,282
    edited November 2016
    If it was all Captain Climate's idea, or his lawyers, WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE? It was his call.
    As for Trump not saying he would accept the results, he would have been stupid to say he would. So would the Shrillster. Of course she did not have to answer because no one asked her. If any of you believe she would have accepted the results if it was pretty clear that it was stolen, then you are delusional.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,871
    edited November 2016
    He was asked in the last debate if he'd accept the result, and all he could manage was "I will keep you in suspense."  He was rightfully skewered for that.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • pgprescott

don't tell me to wake up. i'm not an idiot.

not my problem.

Google:  did Trump commit treason. 

Then read. 

Its intentional. Wake up! 
  • Eggcelsior

JethroVA said:

Reread the posts. You totally miss the point. Oh well good luck with that. 
    I've read all the posts, and the comical hilarity of this election and its after effects will continue. This may be SERIOUS INTERNET BUSINESS to you, but I am just here for the humor. Carry on!
  • pgprescott
    He was asked in the last debate if he'd accept the result, and all he could manage was "I will keep you in suspense."  He was rightfully skewered for that.
    He was also called a traitor for undermining the legitimacy of our election process. 

Hey, he deserves a lot of what he gets. Why are these idiots rioting in the streets not called idiots and traitors for undermining? Why the difference except the media sympathizes. He just said stupid stuff. They are acting. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Hah - So I'll start going around saying so and so said this and this and this to try to influence my current bias, but I will make sure I don't put it in quotes..  Good to know.  
    Nah. It's just simple reading comprehension/critical thinking. Occam's Razor otherwise.
  • pgprescott
    Nah. It's just simple reading comprehension/critical thinking. Occam's Razor otherwise.
    Ever taken a critical thinking test? What was your score? I'm curious. Maybe you're the inferior one? 
  • bhedges1987
    LOL right.... I know what you were trying to do.  Trying to be sneaky.  Put it in the same sentence as "Trump said" and then not putting it in quotations.  Hoping you could make a statement, however if were called out, you had a way to retract it.  Sneaky sneaky man.  You should join the Clinton News Network.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• Nah. It's just simple reading comprehension/critical thinking. Occam's Razor otherwise.
    Occam's razors suck!!  They get dull in just a few days, and when you order more it takes weeks for them to arrive. I switched to Dollar Shave Club.