Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

THE "REAL PORKER"

Options
griller
griller Posts: 8
I have three small butchered wild boars and would appreciate suggestions how to prepare them.  Smoking is one of my goals together with any other ideas offered.

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited November 2016
    Options
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    griller said:
    I have three small butchered wild boars and would appreciate suggestions how to prepare them.  Smoking is one of my goals together with any other ideas offered.
    Question for you my friend. How are they cut up?  What I mean is do you have primal pieces, subprimals, commodity cuts etc etc. Also what size smoker do you have? Depending on what size cuts you have and what size smoker you have, a little knife work may be in order. I can certainly guide you in cooking anything you may have. And will gladly do so. But it will be most helpful knowing what you actually have and what you will be cooking on. 
    To save you and me both some typing, if you are open to speaking, give me a call tomorrow and I will gladly share anything that I can. Number is 228-627-5400. Name is Scottie. However my friends call me Trump ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @SGH: Make pork great again!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @SGH: Make pork great again!
    My brother, I have been trying real hard to keep a civil tongue since "The Truth" lashed Hillary. But I don't know how much longer I can stand it =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• griller
    Options
    Scottie (SGH) aka Trump, Thanks for the offer.  I'm sorry I did not respond sooner; however, I have been out of town and did not get around to checking the Forum.  I will be calling you, hopefully tomorrow (11/16. To set the ground work, I have a large BGE.  Re. the meat, it is all cut up by a game butcher, vacuum wrapped.  Looking forward to talking to you.
    Griller (Norb)