Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My 2-2-1 Pork Ribs. Pictures included!

Options
ClemsonMinimax
ClemsonMinimax Posts: 2
edited October 2016 in Pork

MY 2-2-1 PORK RIBS

INGREDIENTS:

·       1 Rack of pork ribs

·       Yellow mustard

·       Dry rub (whatever your preference) I used famous Dave's rub

·       Brown sugar

·       Butter

·       BBQ sauce of choice. I love Sweet Baby Ray's!

EGG SETUP:

·       Full coals

·       Large hickory wood chunks (I used 3) for a long smoke

·       Hickory flakes for faster smoke

·       Indirect heat, plate setter feet down

·       Aluminum pan with liquid (I used chicken broth and apple juice for sweetness) on top of plate setter to add moisture

COOKING PROCESS:

I thawed the rack 2 days in the fridge and removed it from the packaging. Take a sharp knife to the bone side to remove the membrane layer that lines the rack. I then cut the rack in half to fit on my Minimax. I layered both sides of the rack with yellow mustard to allow the rub to stick. I put a heaping amount of dry rub on both sides to add lots of flavor.

Once the Egg was at 250, I placed the racks on, bone side down, and let them stay for 2 hours.

After 2 hours I rapped the racks in 2 layers of tin foil and layered them with butter, and smothered brown sugar onto them. After sealing up the tin foil, I placed the racks bone side down back onto the Egg for 2 hours.

When that 2 hours was up I removed the racks from the tin foil and placed them bone side down onto the Egg for the last hour of cooking. After 30 minutes, I basted the top of the racks with sweet baby rays BBQ sauce. This gives the ribs a wet taste and adds great flavor. When the final hour was up, the ribs are done. I placed in a pan to sit in the oven to cool off. The rest is history, because they are fall off the bone good.

Comments

• Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,072
    Options
    Yum!

Also some good shots of the newer fire ring and platesetter for the minimax.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------